Hysterectomies are performed to treat a number of gynecological conditions. They eliminate the source of the problem, so they are effective in most cases.
But it is important to give careful consideration to having a hysterectomy. The procedure has several potential side effects.
Potential Hysterectomy Side Effects
* Women who have hysterectomies tend to go through menopause a few years earlier (if they haven’t already been through it). This is thought to be due to diminished blood supply to the ovaries. If the ovaries are removed, menopause will begin right away. Symptoms of menopause include hot flashes, mood swings, sleep disturbances, decreased energy and night sweats.
* Hysterectomies are associated with increased risk of certain health problems, especially when done prior to menopause. This is due to a decrease in estrogen. Some of the health problems that become more likely include cardiovascular disease, arthritis and osteoporosis.
* Sexual dysfunction sometimes occurs after a hysterectomy. Vaginal lubrication is often reduced, and uterine orgasm is no longer possible in those who had it before. A decrease in sexual desire and enjoyment is also fairly common, especially if one or both ovaries are removed. Pain during intercourse may also occur.
* A variety of urinary problems can develop after a hysterectomy. The bladder or urinary tract could be injured during the procedure, possibly requiring further surgery. Bladder and kidney infections after a hysterectomy are common. And in rare cases, sensory nerves could be cut and you could lose bladder sensation or control.
* Weight gain is somewhat common after a hysterectomy. There is some debate as to the reason for this. Some say it is a result of changes in hormone levels, while others blame it on the inactivity required during recovery.
* Some women face depression or other emotional problems following a hysterectomy. Hormones can play a role in this, but it is often triggered by loss of the ability to reproduce.
* As with any surgery, complications are possible during a hysterectomy. Anesthesia could cause breathing or heart problems, too much bleeding could occur, or adhesions could form. These complications are rare, but it is important to know about them beforehand.
A hysterectomy is major surgery, and it should not be taken lightly. Other, less invasive treatments are available for many of the conditions for which hysterectomies are performed, and it is important to consider them. But in some cases a hysterectomy is the best or only solution.
If you do need a hysterectomy, many of its side effects can be treated or prevented with hormone therapy. There are also medications and natural remedies that can provide relief from some hysterectomy-related problems. Your doctor can help you find the best course of treatment for hysterectomy side effects.
For PMS and Menopausal Symptoms
- Enhance mood and vitality
- Support natural hormonal balance
- Help manage PMS and menopausal symptoms
Naturally Balance Hormones To Support PMS and Menopausal Symptoms
Hormone-Support for Her is our best-selling feminine health supplement that balances hormones naturally – for women of all ages.
Combining research-based dosing with proven science, this carefully crafted formulation is safe and effective, and can be used long term to support hormonal health and female wellbeing.
Achieve a New Normal Many women brush off mood swings, headaches, bloating and other symptoms of hormone imbalance as being a ‘normal’ part of womanhood. However, these symptoms can be addressed through hormone balance. Say goodbye to unpleasant monthly symptoms and achieve your new normal.
- Relieve symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Cope with menopausal symptoms
- Support female reproductive health and function
- Support natural libido and sexual desire
- Manage mood swings and emotional outbursts
- Support a healthy menstrual cycle
- Relieve hormonal acne
- Support breast health
Other benefits of healthy hormone balance
In addition to supporting female specific concerns, research shows that managing hormones is beneficial for overall health and wellbeing. Healthy hormone balance may also help support energy levels, bone density, stress management and weight control.
Natural female supplement for hormone health
Last year, doctors in the US issued around 65 million drug prescriptions to women suffering from a wide range of symptoms including cramps, hot flashes, sleep disturbances, breast tenderness, headaches, vaginal dryness, lethargy, and acne. Unfortunately, these same drugs all carry potentially serious side effects.
Hormone-Support for Her is a safe and natural alternative, combining female health ingredients that work synergistically to target various hormonal concerns. Specifically formulated to help target every aspect of female hormone health, Hormone-Support For Her produces results unrivaled in the natural health industry.
Learn more about Hormone-Support for Her now.