It is only a healthy body that houses a healthy mind. Unhealthy diets like junk foods lead to lethargy and low levels of energy. Constant lowering of energy makes it harder to get up and get going and ailments like depression can set in. With the passage of time, cause and effect cease to be distinguishable from each other. This unhealthy connection is specifically evident in depression related eating.
Depression is associated with strong urges to eat. Monitoring and managing diet is therefore a significant part of Treating Depression. Those who have had any experience with depression would know that depression often leads to an increase in eating binges. Remember how you reached out for an ice cream or a grilled sandwich to drown your sorrow the last time your boyfriend ditched you?
Eating foods that alleviate depression is important. Maintaining constant energy level is essential to fighting the symptoms of depression. The idea is that if you must eat when you are depressed, you should opt for healthier foods that will help you increase your energy levels. Higher energy levels help you remain active so that you can combat symptoms of depression. Unhealthy diets make you sluggish and worsen the depression.
A nutritious diet is an essential part of the process of Treating Depression naturally. The best option for you can be sought by consulting a trained and professional nutritionist. There are also some simple tips that you can use to ensure that your diet is healthy and adequately helps you in fighting depression related lethargy.
A balanced diet is the mainstay of any good diet. Ignore those that claim that carbohydrates are not healthy. A balanced diet needs to include all essential ingredients.
- Carbohydrates stimulate serotonin production, which in turn can affect mood changes. A breakfast that includes vegetables and carbohydrates will give you enough energy to go about your daily work schedule.
- Meat, fish, eggs, cheese, yoghurt and milk are high in Proteins that increase amino acid intake. As with carbohydrates these too make you feel more positive.
- Choose food items that are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Salmon and mackerel can also keep your heart in good shape.
- The amount of oil intake should be restricted. It is suspected that depression patients generally have low levels of Vitamin E. Using canola oil that is rich in Vitamin E for sautéing is a healthier option.
- Frequent changes in blood sugar levels can cause mood swings. It is better to take smaller portions more frequently. Prefer whole wheat over white bread, fruits over sweets and oats porridge or bran cereals over other cereals.
Disturbances in neurotransmitters like serotonin and norepinephrine play a crucial role in causing depression. Certain foods can combat depression effectively by promoting neurotransmitter levels. The effect that depression has on the overall diet can lead to significant amounts of weight gain. This can lead to further depression due to obesity levels. A good diet may not treat depression but should definitely be part of Natural Remedies for depression that aid in better management of depression.
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
For additional support and answers you need to improve your health, we have a qualified team of experts who personally supervise our popular Ask Our Experts service!
NaturalEco Organics is where we recommend you go for Organic, natural, chemical-free products and quality remedies for a safe, healthy journey for Mom and Baby, from Pregnancy to baby’s Nursery!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk Herbs, Spices, Teas and single oils!
Are you looking for quality Vitamins, diet aids and health Supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Last 5 posts in Anxiety and Depression
- Cognitive behavior therapy for Treating Depression - October 7th, 2007
- SSRIs for Treating Depression - Why they are not recommended in some cases - October 5th, 2007
- Depression treatment costs - October 3rd, 2007
- Do Anti-Depressants Result in Anti-Love and Anti-Passion? - October 2nd, 2007
- Bibliotherapy as a treatment for depression - A viable option - October 1st, 2007
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!