Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
Powered by Max Banner Ads
Did you know that indoor air is often more polluted than indoor air? On a typical cleaning day in a typical home, levels of chemicals in the indoor air can be hundreds, even thousands of times higher than the outdoor air in the most polluted of cities.
ACTION STEPS FOR CLEANER INDOOR AIR
* Simply ventilate the home, especially the bedrooms and nursery, by opening up your windows. Opening windows, even for a short time, makes a big difference.
* Change the air filter in your air conditioning and heating units to greatly improve indoor air quality.
* Sanitize and cleanse air with help from indoor plants, and the use of air cleaners and purifiers (with approved HEPA filters).
* Avoid carpets where possible - they hold dust, synthetic solvents, and pesticides. Natural fiber carpeting (organic cotton, wool, jute, or sisal) are the best option, since they haven’t been chemically treated.
* Avoid using conventional paints, cleaning supplies, pesticides, furniture made from particle board, and “air fresheners”�. Cigarette/cigar smoke, mold/mildew, and fumes from off-gassing of home furnishings decrease air quality.
* Look for non-toxic, naturally derived, and “low VOC”� alternatives paints, carpets, and furnishings.
* “Air Out”� new carpets and home furnishings before indoor use, especially newly painted and newly carpeted rooms.
* Change your vacuum bag, and be sure it has a clean filter to prevent the spreading of dust, which can be redistributed into the air.
For additional support and answers you need to improve your health, we have a qualified team of experts who personally supervise our popular Ask Our Experts service!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk herbs, spices, teas and single oils!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!