Yogi Bhajan’s Original Recipe
Yogi Tea is a health promoting beverage and tonic for the whole body. It strengthens the nervous system, energizes the body, and clears the mind. It is both a remedy and preventative measure for colds, allergies, and other diseases of the mucous membranes.
The combined spices create a synergistic healing effect.
* Black Pepper is a blood purifier.
* Cardamon aids digestion.
* Cloves strengthens the nervous system.
* Cinnamon aids calcium absorption.
* Ginger heals inflammation and removes physical weakness.
* Black Tea activates the ingredients.
To make two quarts:
* Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a 3-4 quart pot,
* Add 15 whole Cloves, Boil for 1 minute and watch them dance,
* Then add 30 whole Black Peppercorns,
* 3 sticks of Cinnamon,
* 20-30 green Cardamon Pods (crush or split pods first),
* 2-3 inches of sliced fresh ginger root.
Cover and boil gently for at least 30 minutes. Add 1/4 tsp ( I personally use a little bit more) of Black Tea. (for best flavor, cover tightly and boil over low heat for 2-3 hours. Then let it cool and steep overnight.)
Strain the tea. Either use it or store it away. When you are ready to drink, sweeten to taste with honey or maple syrup, add soy, rice or milk and drink in good health!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!