Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
Powered by Max Banner Ads
There are many reasons why men should be motivated to gain a fair amount of knowledge about prostate health. Severe conditions of prostate can be avoided totally if adequate care is taken. The areas that one needs to study are the changes that can occur in the gland, the effect that it can have on overall health and the type of prostate medicine that are available for use at various stages. There are many reasons why men should have adequate understanding of the prostate.
* A significant percentage of men over fifty years of age suffer from some sort of problem with prostates.
* Some non cancerous prostate disorders have symptoms that are similar to prostate cancer.
* Even benign conditions like inflammation or infection can worsen and lead to serious conditions like cessation of urine, bladder and Kidney infections and sometimes Kidney failure.
* The age factor makes it difficult for an individual to undergo surgery at a later stage. It also leads to doubts and raises the risk of cancer.
The prostate gland is a male gland. It is about the size of a chestnut and is situated at the base of the urinary bladder. It surrounds the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder to the penis. Tubes from the testicles channel sperm to the prostate. Seminal vesicles affiliated to the prostate gland produce a substance that is mixed to the sperm to form semen.
The various types of prostate disorders include three major disorders:
* Prostatitis – it is an inflammation and bacterial or non-bacterial infection.
* Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) - the medical term for hypertrophy or enlargement of the prostate.
* Prostate cancer – is an abnormal and uncontrolled cell division causing formation of a tumor in the prostate.
BPH causes the prostate to enlarge. Since there is no compensating increase in the area around it, the Enlarged Prostate applies strong in pressure on the urethra. Urinary problems like the urge to urinate frequently, weak and intermittent flow and dribbling are some of the typical symptoms of BPH. These can significantly affect the quality of life of the patients. Continued BPH can cause concerns about prostate cancer especially since the patients are old but prostate cancer is much less common than BPH and does not affect every individual who has BPH.
Both the above mentioned conditions are manageable conditions. Awareness of the symptoms and modes of treatment for each type of disorder can go a long way to help in controlling the condition at the right time. BPH cannot be totally cured but symptomatic treatment is effective and ensures normal quality of life. Treatment options for prostate disorders include invasive and non-invasive treatments. Alternative treatments include herbs for reducing prostate enlargement and yogic exercises. In the unfortunate event of prostate cancer, surgery often proves successful provided it has not metastasized to unmanageable proportions.
Would you like to learn Reflexology, Aromatherapy or Color/Crystal Therapy? Learn at home, at your own pace with a fully-illustrated and comprehensive distance learning course from the Alternative Healing Academy!
For additional support and answers you need to improve your health, we have a qualified team of experts who personally supervise our popular Ask Our Experts service!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk herbs, spices, teas and single oils!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!