Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the human body and it connects the spinal cord with the muscles of the legs and feet. It runs from each side of the lower spine through the thighs down to the foot.
There are a lot of myths associated with the word sciatica. For example, sciatica is normally understood to be a diagnosis but actually it is by itself a symptom. Literally speaking, the term sciatica means a pain in the low back, on one side of the rear and/or down the back of the leg caused by a compression of the sciatica nerve. Whatever causes that compression is the actual diagnosis.
The focus of sciatic nerve treatment thus, would be what is causing the nerve compression and the sciatic pain. Normally this compression is due to another spinal structure and occurs mostly in L5 or S1 level of the spinal cord. There are a few low back problems that can irritate the sciatica nerve causing acute pain which is unbearable a t times.
* Lumbar disc herniation - rupture in smooth muscle tissue through which the bodily structure of the inner core of a spinal disc in the low back protrudes and pressurizes on a nerve root; also called a pinched nerve, slipped disc, bulging disc or protruding disc
* Lumbar degenerative disc disease - marked gradual deterioration of organs and cells along with loss of function in the low back allow excess motion in the spine and cause irritation of the nerve roots
* Isthmic spondylolisthesis - forward dislocation of one vertebra over the one beneath it producing pressure on spinal nerves
* Lumbar spinal stenosis - abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal in the low back pinches nerve roots, sometimes as the result of a bone spur
* Lumbar subluxation – partial displacement of the vertebra in the low back resulting in its functional loss
Other causes that may necessitate conventional sciatic nerve treatment or sciatica alternative remedies include a spinal tumor or infection.
Sciatica pain can occur in any place from low back to the toes. The severity of the pain varies from a tingling sensation or a burning or prickly sensation to severe and debilitating. Although, in some cases, sciatica pain disappears within a few weeks there is no set rule and can worsen with time which can result in a prolonged treatment. Contrary to the common belief sciatica is a set of symptoms for what is causing the pain. In cases of severe low back and leg pain, the cause needs to be correctly determined in order to relieve discomfort.
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk herbs, spices, teas and single oils!
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!