From a health heart to a good sex life, the proper flow and Circulation of blood in our arteries is one of the most important things we can do to maintain good health and push back the aging process.
One of the single most preventatives is a proper diet. Because diet strongly influences weight, sex hormone production, including testosterone, the health of our arteries and its flow, it is important to cut back on excess meat consumption, full fat, dairy products and a lack of vegetables and fruits in the diet.
Herbal Medicine is a wonderful preventative solution. Complications can arise when taking Herbal Medicine and allopathic drugs your doctor has prescribed. Great caution should be used especially if you are on blood thinners, diuretics or any other heart related medication. Consult your doctor with any questions you may have, before taking additional Herbs or Supplements.
- Blessed Thistle: Strengthens the heart.
- Capsicum: Blood pressure and health of blood vessels, Capsicum stimulants Circulation, enhances blood flow and is considered to be food for the circulatory system. Capsicum assists in lowering blood pressure and breaking down Cholesterol buildup.
- Cayenne Pepper is renowned, not only for healing the entire digestive system, and for arthritic pain relief, but also for the heart and circulatory system. It acts as a catalyst and increases the effectiveness of other Herbs when used with them. Cayenne has been known to stop heart attacks within 30 seconds. Cayenne has a high source of Vitamins A & C, has the complete B complexes, and is very rich in Organic calcium and potassium, which is one of the reasons it is good for the heart. Consider the synergy of taking both Cayenne and Hawthorne berry together.
- Cornsilk: Natural diuretic.
- Folate (800 mg daily), a B complex and Zinc (15 mg daily) have shown to increase Fertility and improve Sperm Motility.
- Garlic: A rich source of potassium, zinc, selenium, vitamin A and Vitamin C, is commonly used to fight infection, increase Circulation and help prevent Cardiovascular disease. Consider eating raw Garlic every day; since it is a very effective antifungal agent, or use it in tincture form. Research has shown that Garlic is an anti-Cholesterol remedy and is recommended for heart and circulatory problems. This is a wonderful natural antibiotic and detoxifier which protects the body against infection by enhancing Immune Function, as well.
- Goldenseal: Berberine, an active ingredient of Goldenseal, can dilate blood vessels. Therefore, it may prove useful in the treatment of certain causes of both irregular heartbeat and heart failure.
- Gotu Kola: Strengthens the heart and helps lower blood pressure.
- Hawthorn Berry: a member of the rose family, was recognized by physicians in the early 1800s for its ability to treat disorders related to Circulation and respiration (breathing). Considered a "cardiotonic" herb, the flowers and berries of the hawthorn plant have been used in traditional medicine to treat irregular heartbeat, High Blood Pressure, chest pain, atherosclerosis, and congestive heart failure. Hawthorn berries contain large amounts of bioflavonoids, which help dilate and strengthen the walls of blood vessels, relax arteries, and improve Circulation of blood to heart muscles. studies suggest that Hawthorn berry extract improves heart function and exercise capacity in those with CHF. Participants in research trials also report significantly improved symptoms (like reduced shortness of breath and fatigue). Hawthorn extract may even prove to be as effective as low doses of ACE inhibitors (a leading class of heart medication) in improving symptoms of congestive heart failure. Hawthorne must be taken daily to be affective.
- Kelp: Helps to clean and maintain the arteries.
- L-arginine (2 grams daily), an amino acid found in pumpkin seeds and L-citrulline (500 mg twice daily) may possibly increase nitric oxide production, which in turn increases blood flow and therefore canprevent Erectile Dysfunction and increase sperm count. Foods high inboth these Amino Acids include pumpkin seeds, almonds, cocoa and real (dark) chocolate, garbanzo beans, peanuts, salmon, soy and walnuts.
- Mistletoe: Used as a cardiac tonic to stimulate Circulation, reduce blood pressure and arteriosclerosis and strengthen capillary walls. Constricts blood vessels and stimulates heart beat.
- Motherwort: Improves blood flow Circulation and reduces heart blood pressure and palpitations.
- Myrrh: Quickens the hearts action.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids found in Flaxseed and Fish Oil, appear to help protect against prostate cancer. Take 3 grams daily.
- Olive Leaf Extract: Naturally support the circulatory and immune systems.
- Rosemary: Is considered a heart tonic.
- Saw Palmetto has been clinically proven to inhibit the enzyme involved in converting testosterone into dihydrotestosterone . Thesepowerful berries from the Saw Palmetto palm tree, improve urine flowand decrease inflammation of the prostate gland. Take 160 mg, twicedaily.
- Consider Vitamin E, especially mixed tocopherols, which appears to work in synergy with lycopene to help reduce the risk of prostatecancer. Take 400 IU daily.
- Vitamin C works in synergy with Vitamin E and helps increase its function. Take 600 mg, twice a day.
Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac - http://www.peacefulmind.com - Therapies for healing mind, body, spirit
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
For additional support and answers you need to improve your health, we have a qualified team of experts who personally supervise our popular Ask Our Experts service!
Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural Supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk Herbs, Spices, Teas and single oils!
Are you looking for quality Vitamins, diet aids and health Supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Last 5 posts in Heart & Circulatory Health
- Statin Drugs claimed to be a Scam... - January 13th, 2008
- Surprising Symptom of Heart Disease - December 30th, 2007
- Blood Clots in Veins double the risk of Heart Attack or Stroke! - December 17th, 2007
- Heart, Circulation and Varicose Veins - December 10th, 2007
- Tips for Lowering Cholesterol - November 6th, 2007
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!