I remember as a kid when my great aunt Grace would put some Epsom Salts in a dish pan, add really warm water and soak her feet because they hurt.
So, to me, that’s what Epsom Salts was all about - a remedy for painful joints in old folks. Little did I know!
Times have changed - or have they?
All the talk about ‘natural remedies‘ and ‘getting back to basics’ always floors me because my great aunt and my grandmothers were all doing this stuff when I was a little girl. So did my mom…and so have I. So, for me, there’s been no ‘getting back to’ anything.
However, I’m not too old to learn and since learning is one thing I LOVE to do, I decided to learn more about Epsom Salts after reading a snippet on detoxificatin. Here’s what I’ve found.
Studies show these benefits from the major components of Epsom Salt may:
* Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
* Help muscles and nerves function properly
* Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
* Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
* Make insulin more effective
* Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
* Improve oxygen use