Here’s how to tell:
Colds and flu are distinct and separate upper respiratory infections, triggered by different viruses. (Outdoor environment- -drafts, wetness, temperature changes, etc. do not cause either of these illnesses.)
The flu is more serious, because it can spread to the lungs, and cause severe bronchitis or pneumonia. In the beginning stages, the symptoms of colds and flu can be similar. Both conditions begin when one or more of the over 200 hundred viruses that cause a cold or flu penetrate the body’s protective barriers. Viruses don’t breathe, digest food or eliminate, but they replicate themselves with a vengeance. Nose, eyes and mouth are usually the sites of invasion from cold viruses.
The most likely target for the flu virus is the respiratory tract. Colds and flu respond to different treatments. The following symptomatic chart can help identify your particular condition and allow you to deal with it better.
A Cold Profile looks like this:
* Slow onset. No prostration.
* Body aches–largely due to the release of interferon (an immune stimulator).
* Rarely accompanied by fever and headache.
* Localized symptoms such as sore throat, sinus congestion, listlessness, runny nose and sneezing.
* Mild fatigue and weakness as a result of body cleansing.
* Mild to moderate chest discomfort, usually with a hacking cough.
* Sore or burning throat common.
A Flu Profile looks like this:
* Swift and severe onset.
* Early and prominent prostration with flushed, hot, moist skin.
* Usually accompanied by high (102�-104�) fever, headache and sore eyes.
* General symptoms like chills, depression and body aches.
* Extreme fatigue, sometimes lasting 2-3 weeks.
* Acute chest discomfort, with severe hacking cough.
* Sore throat occasionally.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!