Acid reflux can range in severity from a minor annoyance to a debilitating condition. But it is a potentially dangerous condition, as it has been linked to cancer of the esophagus. That’s why it is so important to treat it.
There are numerous prescription and non-prescription drugs on the market for acid reflux. They have provided relief to many sufferers, but some do not respond to them. And they’re not without side effects, either.
Some studies have linked proton pump inhibitors, the type of drug usually prescribed for acid reflux, to an increased incidence of pneumonia. Some of these drugs can also cause other gastrointestinal problems, and they may interfere with the absorption of other drugs.
These concerns have lead many acid reflux sufferers to seek more natural treatment options. Here are some things you can try if you want to get rid of acid reflux naturally.
* Ginger - Ginger is one of the most popular herbs for digestive problems, and it can be very effective against acid reflux. It helps by relieving pain and inflammation and killing bacteria that aggravate the condition. It is important to use it in moderation, however, because overdoing it could make your heartburn worse.
* Aloe vera - Aloe is best known as an effective treatment for sunburn and other skin irritations. But it has also been shown to be good for acid reflux. It can be taken in capsule or juice form two or three times a day.
* Licorice - Licorice has anti-inflammatory properties, and it has been studied for use in the prevention of ulcers and gastritis. It is also a natural antacid. It may be taken in tea, or you can buy chewable deglycyrrhizinated licorice tablets. These are best if you are concerned about blood pressure or water retention.
* Sweet foods - Sugar is a natural antacid, so eating something sweet can help curb excessive acid in the stomach and combat acid reflux. Anything that is sweet and low in acid will do, but fruits such as red apples, pears, purple grapes, and honeydew are best for overall health.
* Vegetables - There are also some vegetables that have antacid properties. These include potatoes (sweet and white), broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens, and avocado.
* Foods to avoid - Avoiding certain foods can help prevent acid reflux symptoms, or at least reduce their severity. Some of these are citrus fruits, sour berries, fermented foods, alcohol, caffeine, tomatoes, mustard, and spicy foods.
Acid reflux can be treated naturally. These treatments are often just as effective as prescription drugs, and they have a much lower risk of harmful side effects. Still, it is best to consult a healthcare professional for advice. Some herbs can interact with other herbs or medicines, and they may not be suitable for people with certain health problems.
DigestAssist is a natural, safe, effective and powerful herbal tonic to help relieve and prevent digestive disorders such as indigestion, heartburn and acid reflux. Use DigestAssist to quickly relieve abdominal cramping; dramatically reduce bloating and gas; remove nausea and other symptoms of digestive problems; soothe the stomach lining and gently relieve digestive inflammation and burning; stop symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and acid reflux. Formulated by a clinical psychologist, DigestAssist is pharmaceutically manufactured to the highest standards.
Gastronic Dr. is a natural, safe, effective and powerful herbal formula to help relieve and prevent flare-ups stomach disorders such as IBS, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, Acid Reflux (GERD), Ulcerative Colitis and Diverticulosis. Use this remedy to prevent the flare ups of these conditions; tone the entire digestive system, soothe the stomach lining and maintain healthy digestive and bowel functioning; fight against harmful free radicals in your body. Formulated by a clinical psychologist, Gastronic Dr. is pharmaceutically manufactured to the highest standards.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!