What are external hemorrhoids
External Hemorrhoids are swollen areas of skin and blood vessels around the anus. They are highly innervated and sensitive and are also at risk for thrombosis. They develop around the external opening of the anus. It is usually very painful as the skin around them is very sensitive. Most of the times, they are just bothersome protrusions, which make hygiene and personal care very difficult. Many a times external hemorrhoids develop a clot inside of them. This happens often after a period of diarrhea or constipation. In such cases, it produces a firm and painful swelling or lump around the rim of the anus.
1. A painful bulge or firm lump around the rim of the anus, which may have a blue or purple tint.
2. Blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement. The stool will be very hard or very large. Blood may also be seen on the toilet seat.
Treatment of external hemorrhoids
1. If there is only mild discomfort, the doctor may suggest over-the-counter creams, ointments or pads. These contain witch hazel or a topical anti-inflammatory agent containing hydrocortisone. In combination with daily warm baths, this treatment helps relieve your symptoms.
2. The hemorrhoids may be removed surgically or through other methods in extreme cases. Three surgical procedures to remove external hemorrhoids are-
a) Laser coagulation- The hemorrhoid is clotted with an electric probe which makes it shrink.
b) Infrared photocoagulation- The hemorrhoid is clotted with infrared light to make it shrinks.
c) Hemorrhoidectomy- Complete removal of the hemorrhoid.
3. There are specially designed tubs called Sitz Bath available at leading medical stores. This is a small tub and is specially designed to allow the soaking of hemorrhoids without taking a bath. In this process the rectal area is soaked in hot water for 15-20 minutes about 3-4 times a day. Not only does this helps relieve symptoms but also aids shrinkage of the hemorrhoid.
4. Other simpler treatments for mild cases include ice packs, topical ointments, suppositories, seat cushions, moist cloths and loose underwear.
For more helpful information on hemorrhoids visit the Venapro website.
Kalyx Natural Herbs & Oils is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!