Some of the most common causes of obesity are:
2. Medical conditions like mental stress and hypothyroidism
4. Inactivity and lack of exercise
5. Improper dietary habits
The body converts food into energy and nutrients that are needed for the proper functioning of the various body organs. If the food energy intake is higher than the energy expenditure, the fat cells store the energy as fat. However, this does not mean that we should aim at zero fat in the body.
A certain amount of fat is essential for the systems to function normally. This is particularly true for certain parts of the body like the brain. Fats play an important role in the entire system and act like a buffer against many diseases. Removing fat totally from dietary intake is not recommended and people who adopt completely fatless diets are prone to develop brain diseases.
There are a fair number of weight loss solutions for obese people. From natural weight loss to herbal weight loss programs, there exists an array of such special services that have mushroomed. You have the option of choosing the one that you are most comfortable with. But eating the correct quantity of the right kind of food is probably the best way to control weight.
Resisting the temptation to overeat can be extremely challenging, especially for those who believe in the joi de vivre of life. Here are some tips to help you in controlling the amount of food intake.
1. Eat slowly – have you ever noticed that when you eat slowly, there are times that you cannot finish an entire meal. This happens even when you think that you are so hungry that you could have finished a meal for two. There is a reason for why this occurs. The signal for fullness or satiety reaches the brain in about 20 minutes after the stomach is full. And in the meantime, you do not realize that the stomach is actually full and continue to eat. When you eat slowly, you allow the brain to receive the signal for fullness before you can gobble up too much food and therefore you tend to eat less when you eat slowly. Eating slowly also allows for better absorption of the nutrients.
2. Stop snacking – Avoid eating in between meals. The small tit bits that you tens to eat are the ones that cause the maximum harm. They add to the total amount of food that you eat and snacks tend to be unhealthy and more fattening. One way to keep yourself away from munching all the time is to keep a plastic grape in your mouth. Keeping fruits handy is also a good idea since you can reach out for them when the urge to eat something arises out of meal time. Another extremely good trick to keep yourself away from the quick bites that you are so used to snatching is to chew gum. Make sure that the gum that you choose is sugarless so that you don’t increase calories in a different manner.
3. Drink water – Drinking a certain amount of water every day helps your detoxification system also. Drinking about 8 to 10 ounces of water before a meal can provide a feeling of satiety that leads to a lower intake of food.
4. Eat healthy foods – half an hour before you know you are likely to feel really hungry, grab a plate of fresh salad (without any oily garnishing, of course). This adds to the overall nutrition that your body gets and also reduces the amount you eat at the main meal.
5. Try home remedies and herbal options – A glass of fresh lime water with honey has known to be good for burning excess fat. Cider vinegar has also been known to provide a similar effect. Herbal teas can also be used to reduce appetite. These provide essential antioxidants to the body as well and therefore are a great option.
6. On a lighter vein, stick a picture of an extremely obese person on your refrigerator and have a close look at it every time you open the door. Even though it may sound funny, this can prove to be a great appetite reducer for many.
Adopting some of these tips can actually allow you to reduce weight. They can be really helpful in avoiding a situation wherein you need to take weight loss medication.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!