Here are some facts (website reference at bottom):
* In the sleep-deprived, says Harris Lieberman, PhD, a leading caffeine researcher, caffeine improves scores on a range of cognitive tasks, such as decision making, memory, learning, and attention.
* A tall latte may keep you out of the dentist’s chair. In lab tests, researchers in Italy recently found that coffee’s antibacterials slow the growth of Streptococcus mutans, the culprit in tooth decay. Coffee also contains compounds that keep bacteria from sticking to tooth enamel.
* It’s no secret that coffee makes your bladder more active. While that can be bothersome, it can also help reduce the risk of kidney stones, according to the Nurses Health Study. Women who drank the most coffee had the lowest risks. Caffeine increases the flow of more diluted urine, which lowers the chance of a kidney stone forming. Prefer decaf? No problem: It was shown to have similar effects. [Drink water processed decaf]
* At least six independent studies have confirmed a link between coffee drinking and the prevention of Parkinson’s Disease. The research shows that people who drink coffee on a regular basis are 60 to 80% less likely to develop Parkinson’s. Three of the studies also show that the more they drink, the lower the risk.
* If a woman downs about 3 cups a day, she can reduce her risk of type 2 diabetes by 20 to 30 percent, recent research has found. Experts suspect that coffee’s antioxidants, such as chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid, deserve the credit. Coffee may help promote the delivery of insulin to the tissues. When that happens efficiently, explains Frank Hu, PhD, associate professor of nutrition and epidemiology at Harvard University, insulin resistanceâ€”a major risk factor for diabetesâ€”is less likely.
* Coffee has four times the antioxidant content of green tea, according to a study conducted in Switzerland by the Nestle Research Center and recently published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
* Japanese researchers reported earlier this year that people who drank coffee every day over 10 years were half as likely to get liver cancer as those who didn’t drink it at all. And the more you drink, it seems, the lower your risk.
* Just one cup 8oz cup of coffee can contribute up to 1.5 grams of soluble fiber.
http://www.health. com/health/ article/0, 23414,1047150, 00.html
http://www.scienced aily.com/ releases/ 2007/02/07022609 5451.htm
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life – Micro-Nutriments – The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop – highly recommended by NHH!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!