There is a vast difference in the perception of a disease between western therapies and oriental ones. Oriental disciplines of medicine, pathology and therapies have been in existence for many centuries and they have stood the test of time. The purpose of this article is to try to understand the manner in which Ayurveda (ancient Indian medicine) and traditional Chinese medicine view and approach disease with special attention to thyroid treatment.
Traditional Chinese medicine believes that disease occurs when Qi, the basic life energy present in all, is blocked or absent. According to this discipline, Qi is vital to overall good health for each and every individual. And therefore all attempts at treatment focus on reviving the unrestricted flow of this energy. The process aims at restoring positive energy and restricting negative Qi.
The concept of Ayurveda is based on a belief that life is a combination of body, mind and spirit. The ancient Indian texts have listed the characteristics and curative properties of natural substances like Herbs, Minerals, metals, chemicals, animal parts, cooked food articles, natural foods and fruits. Ayurveda works on a keen understanding of the effect that each of these natural products has on the various body organs. It is also one of the rare ancient therapies that include an appealing surgical system.
Chinese and Indian theories have a lot in common.
- Both use only natural products and procedures.
- Both target the root cause of the disease.
- Both use natural products and procedures for curing.
- Both treat vital body energy as being basic to good health.
- The Chinese call life energy by the name Qi whereas the ancient Indian texts term it as Kundalini.
Thyroid related treatments in the Chinese system of medicine or in Ayurveda are also based on these principles. Alternative thyroid treatments do not treat the symptoms of a disease. The symptoms are used for proper diagnosis. This is followed by a holistic process of analyzing lifestyle, emotions, environment and hereditary factors. The combined understanding of both issues is the input that results in a customized solution for a thyroid patient.
Natural therapies attribute the current increase in the incidence of autoimmune diseases like Hyperthyroidism, goiter, Graves’ disease to:
- A fast lifestyle that does not allow sufficient time for carrying out basic life process like eating, and sleeping.
- Improper diet.
- Over dependence on food that is riddled with pesticides, frozen foods, cold raw foods.
- Lack of exercise and over dependence on air conditioning as opposed to the natural environment.
- Pollutants that have infiltrated most of the products of daily use like fluoride in toothpastes and water.
There are no Herbs as such that contain hormones that will supplement deficient thyroid hormones in the body. However, natural thyroid medication seeks to use Herbs and natural ingredients as foods that will promote general well being. For example, the thyroid hormones are exchanged by the liver and the Kidneys. Alternative therapies enable a process that allows these organs to function in a healthy manner.
A healthy liver requires the food to be absorbed properly. This ensures that the level of Toxins that the liver needs to cleanse is at a minimum.
Natural substances and Herbs like Ginger, Peppermint, guggul (commophora wightii or Indian Bedellium) and triphala (terminalia bellirica Roxb ot Indian Gooseberry) are intrinsic to Traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic thyroid medications. These are essentially used to strengthen the liver and Kidneys to ensure proper functioning.
Traditional systems of medicines may not have research to back their claims but they have an impressive record of successful treatments.
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
For additional support and answers you need to improve your health, we have a qualified team of experts who personally supervise our popular Ask Our Experts service!
NaturalEco Organics is where we recommend you go for Organic, natural, chemical-free products and quality remedies for a safe, healthy journey for Mom and Baby, from Pregnancy to baby’s Nursery!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk Herbs, Spices, Teas and single oils!
Are you looking for quality Vitamins, diet aids and health Supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Last 5 posts in General Health Info
- A Practical Protocol for Candida? - September 16th, 2007
- Preventing Lyme Disease - September 16th, 2007
- Fish Oil types. Which is better…Triglyceride or Ester forms? - September 15th, 2007
- Effect of Drinking Tea at the same time as Supplements... - September 13th, 2007
- Industry pressure waters down Breast Feeding Adverts!! - September 13th, 2007
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!