Ear infections are quite common among children.Â While some parents are fortunate enough to never see their children get one, most kids will have one at some point.Â And some children seem to get them every way they turn.
Ear infections often follow colds or sinus infections, and they can be quite painful.Â They often keep children, and consequently their parents, up at night.Â But there are some home remedies that can provide relief, and sometimes even eradicate the infection.Â Here are some things to try:
* Heat can quickly help alleviate the pain of an ear infection.Â Use a heating pad on a low setting, or put some rice in a sock and microwave it until warm.Â Many parents swear by moist heat, so you might want to try warming a wet washcloth in the microwave.Â It is important, however, to make sure no water enters the ear.
* Garlic is a popular and effective weapon in the fight against infections of any kind.Â To use it for an ear infection, boil it and put a few drops of the juice in the affected ear.Â You may also try pureeing a clove of garlic, straining it into some warm olive oil and placing a small amount in the ear, leaving for 5 to 10 minutes before allowing it to drain out.
* Mango leaf extract is another effective remedy for an ear infection.Â You can make it by grinding and boiling mango leaves.Â Two to three drops every few hours should provide relief.
* Colloidal silver is often used for ear and sinus infections.Â You can use it as an ear wash or administer it orally.
* Place a few drops of breast milk in the ear every few hours.Â It doesn’t have to be your own – borrowing some from a friend works just as well.Â Some parents say this method cleared up their children’s ear infections in less than 48 hours.
* Use probiotics.Â These “good” bacteria can sometimes fight off the bad bacteria that cause an ear infection without any other treatment.Â Probiotics are also helpful in the prevention of ear infections when administered regularly.
Contrary to popular belief, an ear infection doesn’t always require treatment with antibiotics.Â In fact, many doctors are now hesitant to prescribe antibiotics unless the infection is in the middle or inner ear.Â Trying home remedies first may save you a trip to the doctor – and if antibiotics are necessary, home remedies can still provide pain relief.
Eddy Ear Sprinkles are a natural, safe and effective herbal and homeopathic remedy for treating ear infections in babies and children under 10 years of age.Â Eddy Ear Sprinkles are an effective natural alternative to antibiotic treatment of junior ear infections and are an excellent companion to our Ear-Ok ear drops, which are used internally directly in the ear. Eddy Ear Sprinkles are very easy to administer to babies and small children. Worldwide shipping, money back guarantee.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life – Micro-Nutriments – The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop – highly recommended by NHH!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!