Throughout history, the idea of a universal energy woven through all of nature has been held by mystics, religions, and more recently by Western researchers and scientists. In recent years many in the scientific community, with the assistance of technological research ranging from holographic patterning to Kirlian photography to different types of scanning, has directly observed the human energy field (HEF) and been able to demonstrate it in a concrete, physical way.
This plays a major role in validating the concept that all matter is energy and it forms the basis for understanding how we as human beings can be considered dynamic energetic systems networks of complex energy fields which interact with our physical and cellular systems.
These higher energy systems (or subtle bodies) that surround the physical body consist of matter with different frequencies than that of the physical body. In physical reality, however, these fields or systems are superimposed upon one another, occupying the same space. Together these systems play a crucial role in how the human system functions.
The meridians (more info on meridians below) gather to form main energetic centers, or charkas, which are located on the median (middle) line of the body. The chakras are rooted on the spine and radiate out the front the body. The term chakra means “wheel” in Sanskrit. The energy intake and output makes them spin like wheels.
(The following is an excerpt from the article, “Chakras as Psychic and Energetic Center,” by Michael Nudel and Eva Nudel, Ph.D.)
Every subtle body communicates to the others and the universe through psychic centers. The universe is composed of spinning wheels and spirals of energy. Any organism gathers cosmic energy through nonphysical vortices of pure energyenergetic “transformers” named chakras.
According to ancient tradition, psychic centers located in the ether body have the energetic forms of lotuses. In the physical body, charkas are represented in the forms of plexuses and endocrine glands.
Chakras are an essential part of our bioenergy system, being its energetic centers. All humans have and use their chakras, even if they are not aware of them. In Sanskrit, the chakra is a wheel of life, an energetic circuit. Chakras enable us to gather energy from the cosmos, process it, use it, and even release it back.
Gathered cosmic energy can be kept in the subtle bodies, and when needed can be transformed by chakras to the physical body for its proper functioning (this process is reversible as well).
The chakra system is an active, selfperpetuating spiral. Each chakra, as a spinning antenna, receives and filters energy from cosmos and delivers it to a particular physical organ in its area or endocrine gland, supplementing them with prana energy.
Much of the chakras' work is concerned not only with specific areas of the body, but also with the maintenance of a healthy balance between the individual's subtle bodies and the physical body and different areas in the whole bioenergetic system. Chakras are interdependent and interconnected centers of the chakra system.
Chakras influence each other in their work. If one chakra is unbalanced and not working properly, it affects others and leads to a general imbalance of the chakra system. A healthy, active chakra increases the energetic potential of all chakras, whereas an unbalanced and dysfunctional chakra decreases normal energy flow in the chakra system and slows down the whole organism and the entire energy system.
Even one dysfunctional chakra in the chakra system causes more chakras to close. This dysfunction leads to an occurrence of energetic imbalances, physical illnesses, and emotional blocks in the energy system.
Ancient Indian thought determined the nonphysical energetic centers as sites of consciousness. The chakras' tops are represented as plexuses or brains of the nervous system. From this point of view, the chakra system may be accepted as a model of consciousness. The consciousness of all living organisms is based on energy traveling through the energetic systems.
Chakras are centers of different levels of consciousness, ranging from the “base” level to the high spiritual.
The major chakras are located on the spinal column and on the head, and one chakra is located in the heart plexus. Every physical organ has a minor chakra, and there are many minor or secondary chakras around the human body. All acupuncture points are chakras as well.
Many authors believe that minerals have one chakra, while animals have three or four. Humans have seven major inbody chakras, one minor chakra, and one very important outofbody chakra. We believe that more outofbody chakras will be discovered in the nottoodistant future.
There seven chakras are located as follows:
• 1st chakra: between the genitals and the anus (Red)
• 2nd chakra: at the abdomen (Orange)
• 3rd chakra: at the solar plexus (Yellow)
• 4th chakra: at the heart (Green or Pink)
• 5th chakra: at the throat (Blue)
• 6th chakra: at the third eye (Indigo)
• 7th chakra: at the fontanelle (Violet)
Each one of the chakras possesses a very specific energetic frequency that relates to colors, essential oils, and emotional, mental, and spiritual patterns.
The Root and Sacral Chakras
The Root chakra correlates to our survival, security, and trust. This deals with issues of finance, shelter, and job. The person is secure and grounded in the here and now if the chakra is open. Insecurity and fear means the chakra is blocked. The parts controlled by this chakra include the legs, the skeletal system, and elimination system. The color for this chakra is red.
We also need to find out what the symptoms are and when they started as this will take us back to the original problem. This chakra is also the one that keeps us grounded to Mother Earth. It also represents the relationship between us and our own mother.
If you were raised by a loving mother, you should have a clear and open chakra. But if you were abused or neglected, this chakra will be blocked. Thus your relationship becomes a model for security and home.
The Sacral chakra correlates to the parts of our minds that deal with food and sex. It is about what the body wants or needs, and what the body finds pleasurable. Parts controlled by this chakra include the reproductive system, the abdomen, stomach, spleen, skin, muscular system, the face muscles and the lumbar region in the back. The color for this chakra is orange.
Taste and the element of water are associated with this chakra as well. If someone does not have a clear chakra, they may be afraid to go out in a boat or go swimming. They may also have no appetite or enjoyment of food as their taste will be bland.
This goes back to what this chakra controls in the body. It also is key as to whether the person is willing to feel their emotions or let them stay hidden inside. Then the digestive system will go awry. Everything has a consequence once our chakras become unaligned.
The Solar Plexus and Heart Chakras
The Solar Plexus Chakra has to do with our feelings of power and control. If your Sacral chakra is clear, you are quite comfortable with who you are. If it is closed, you selfesteem has been broken down. The pancreas, liver and gallbladder are also associated with this chakra. The sense of sight is also controlled here. Nearsighted people may have insecure feelings about the world around them.
Farsighted people see the world though anger. People with astigmatisms see the world with a lot of confusion. These people usually have poor selfesteem and need to be pushed to get where they are capable of going, whereas those with a clear chakra accept themselves for who they are.
The pancreas is the key organ for this chakra. Diabetes develops when the pancreas is not working correctly. Could it be that Diabetes is some emotion that is kept hidden and not sown to the world? Anger? Shame? Embarrassment? The emotions creates a safe distance to keep you from feeling what you need to and dealing with it.
The Heart chakra is associated with relationships and perceptions of love from people around us ñ Spouses, children, siblings, parents, and friends. The circulation of blood through the heart and lungs are associated with this chakra as well as the thymus gland that helps to control the immune system.
This chakra also correlates with someone having difficulty breathing. The difficulty is either breathing in or out as with love. Should you let the person go or stay in your life a little longer?
These people also do not like to be touched a lot. They are quite sensitive and so this tells us something is wrong with the heart chakra. Even when getting a back rub from a trusted spouse or friend, they do not enjoy and sit there and wait for it to be over wondering why they went through with this. The person rubbing may catch those feelings and be able to relate them to the heart chakra.
The Throat, Brow, and Crown Chakras
The Throat chakra correlates to that part of the mind that expresses and communicates. It can be any form of communication that the person is comfortable doing Art, music, painting, sculpture, and poetry.
This chakra also encourages listening to one's own intuition and following the voice that leads you. After a while, you will the Universe supporting you in all that you do. Parts of the body associated with this chakra are throat, shoulders, arms, and hands. The color associated with this chakra is Sky Blue.
The Brow chakra is associated with the spiritual view and the Being within. This is also the unconscious mind that directs our actions and our life. From here, we can become aware of the motivation behind our actions. ESP is associated with this third eye chakra as well.
It is the set of all our inner senses integrating with our outer senses. The element here is the Inner Sound. This is listening to your own self without the outside physical world involved. The color associated here is indigo.
The Crown chakra is mostly concerned with unity or separation issues. This is our root with our father. Not just our earthly father, but our Heavenly Father is included also. If there is tension in the head, that means that there is some form of tension in a specific part of the conscious mind. The person may feel like they are hiding from everyone and not seeing what is truly in their soul.
This is the hardest part to clarify. Accepting the truth about one's situation can be mindreeling until that mind can take time to meditate on the issue and finally accept it. If doing what made all of us happy worked, it would be a great life. The counter here is if we continue to do something that makes us unhappy, it can become a matter of our health becoming worse. The color that goes with this chakra is Violet.
Balancing the Chakras
The Chakras are the energy centers located in the area of specific human organs. They are linked to each other by energy channels. Stimulating the Chakras by means of meditation creates a feeling of wholeness and balance beneficial to both mental and physical health.
Placing a specific crystal on a Chakra helps to evoke and stimulate the most subtle forces.
- Before and after crystal healing sessions engage your mind while placing the crystals. Which visualization images would be most inspiring for you?
- Clear the room of discharged negative energy after a session, using the same cleansing method you used to cleanse your crystals (see Preparing Your Crystals section).
- Wash your hands in cool running water directly afterwards to boost your body's beneficial negative ions.
- Re-cleanse your crystals straight after a session. It is easier to remember which crystals you used and ensures you don't forget this essential process altogether.
Balancing the Chakras with Crystals
For healing to take place the Chakras must be balanced and in harmony. Use two single-terminated quartz crystals:
- Lie down and settle yourself comfortably.
- Place one of the crystals at your feet, with the point towards your head. Put the other crystal at the crown of your head with the terminated end pointing down.
- Take a few minutes to visualize your entire subtle energy system becoming harmoniszd and balanced.
- Be aware of any sensations of blockage or soreness.
- Ask your higher mind to indicate what the problem is and how to deal with it. Act on that intuitive guidance in a separate session with whichever additional crystals you need to use at that time.
Balancing Your Chakras in a ‘Color Bath'
- Begin by sitting comfortably. Take a deep breath in through your nose, and exhale out through your mouth. Do this three times. Now begin by picturing the white light of God and of Universal love swirling around you in a counter-clockwise motion, starting at your feet, and moving up towards your head.
- Picture this motion of white light going around you three times, each time starting at the bottom of your feet and moving upwards.
- Next, start a little bit above your head, picture a purple (crown chakra – which brings in spirit) light swirling around, try counter-clockwise, if that doesn't quite feel right, trying move the purple light in a clockwise motion.
- How does it feel? Does it move easily, or does it feel hard to move the purple light around? If it feels “stuck” keep picturing this purple light moving in the direction you have chosen clockwise or counter-clockwise. Now take that purple light and picture it swirling around your body, swirling down toward your feet and back up again going in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion.
- Once you have done this, you can move on, the purple light may be moving with ease, or feel heavy and stuck. The heavy or stuck feeling just means that the chakra is unbalanced, but the more you work at this on a daily basis, the more it will open up and balance and begin to move with ease.
- Moving the different color lights in a clockwise motion brings in energy to that chakra, moving the different color lights in a counter-clockwise motion repel incoming energy or protect that chakra.
- Now let's move to the area on the forehead which is the third-eye chakra (which is your intuitive area). Begin by picturing an indigo color light in a circular motion clockwise or counter-clockwise, whichever “feels” easier or better. Picture it moving until you feel that it is clear or moving in an easy motion, now take that indigo light and swirl it around your body, in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion down to your feet and back up to your head.
- You can move the light up and down your body, once you feel you have finished with that particular chakra and are ready to move on.
- Next is the throat area (throat chakra, which holds anger and the ability to speak up for oneself). Picture a light blue light going in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion. Same as above until it moves with ease or you feel you need to move on. Don't expect all these chakras to have a “clear” or “easy” feeling the first time you do this. It may take several times before the chakras will change and become clear and balanced (the color moving with ease). Picture the blue light swirling around your body in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion down your body to your feet and back up again to your head.
- The chest area, which is known as the heart chakra (which is the center of love for self, and being able to love). This color is pink or green. Pick one of the colors and picture it moving in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion. When you are ready you can then swirl it around your body and down to your feet and back up to your head.
- The diaphragm chakra (located right below your breastbone or in the stomach area) is the color of yellow, and relates to emotional issues, once again picture the yellow going clockwise or counter-clockwise. When you are ready you can then swirl it around your body and down to your feet and back up to your head. Different chakras may move in different directions. They do not all have to go in the same direction, and will not always be the same, let your intuition be your guide.
- The belly chakra color is Orange (this relates to sexuality) repeat sequence as stated above. Moving the color light clockwise or counter-clockwise and then down and up the body.
- Lastly the root chakra color is red and located in the pelvic area (this relates to safety and security in all aspects of life).
- Swirl the color light in the chakra area and then down and up the body.
This Meditation should begin to bring in healing colors and light into your spiritual being to help you to cope and deal with different aspects of your life in a more meaningful way. You will be more peaceful, life will make more sense, you will be spreading your rainbow of light out toward other people around you, and they will respond to you in a more positive way.
Another way in which I use this tool is to do this to friends and family who are having a difficult time. This is called distant healing. I can picture the person in my mind's eye and send them the white light. I picture the white light starting at their feet and swirling it around their body three times.
I then use the different color lights relating to each chakra; purple, indigo, light blue, pink or green, yellow, Orange, and red, using each color light and swirling it around their chakra and then down and up their body. I'm often told they feel more relaxed and more peaceful and better able to handle what is currently going on in their lives at that moment.
Chakra Balancing Meditations
To balance your chakras through Meditation, simply concentrate on each chakra beginning at the base chakra. Visualize the chakra as a sphere spinning and visualize bringing white light directly into the sphere until the sphere is full of the white light… Picture the white light cleansing the sphere and removing all of the negativity within the sphere.
If you can concentrate on this enough you will actually be able to feel the subtle energy field here and the vibration of this happening… . now picture a bright red light entering your chakra with vibrant red energy refilling the whole sphere until it is completely full.
Now Move up to the Sacral chakra and repeat the same procedure only filling it with Orange light instead of red, and move all the way up all of the chakras in this manner filling each with their own color after cleansing… .
This is a simple Meditation, there are more complex ways of cleansing and balancing with the use of Crystals, Reiki and other healing techniques but most people notice a significant difference just after doing one of these meditations.
- To begin. Choose a room or an open space. Choose a beginning point and ending point. This ending point can be anywhere form 10 feet to 10 miles! Take a deep breath at the starting point. Concentrate on the here and now. At this beginning point of your mediation. With each step you take say out loud one of the things you would like to change. You may repeat your sayings more than once if you need to. Sentences like, “I deserve to be treated with respect.” or ” I have had enough procrastination”, “I am unhappy”.
- Now when you reach your end point, turn around .. with each step back to the beginning point say only positive, affirmative sentences like, “I am Happy”, I am a perfect being”, ” I have all that I truly need”, etc. One positive statement for every step that you take back to the beginning. When you reach the end/beginning , take a deep breath, Breathe in gratitude, breathe out a smile. ( do this until you feel it_. IF the distance wasn’t long enough , do it again. Continue the walk until you feel physically, emotionally, and spiritually better… lighter.
- You may also wish to carry a basket of stones, shells, buttons…etc. .and place each down as you walk along and pick them up on your return trip. Remember, your intentions are so very important, intend to relieve yourself of the burdens that you carry that no longer serve you for your highest good, Intend to releases, to forgive , to act, and/or to move on.
White Light Meditation
- Sit or lie comfortably.
- Take a deep , slow breath in and slowly exhale out. With each breath in and out, allow your body to relax more, and more, and more. Let your body sink into the chair or floor (or whatever).
- Focus on your Crown area and allow it to open to receive the energy from this ball of white light. As you open your Crown Chakra to receive this energy you feel completely at ease , completely safe.
- Draw down this white light energy into your forehead, your eyes, nose, cheeks, chin.
- Draw down this white light energy into your throat, shoulders, elbows, wrists, to each and every finger, Feel the energy in your fingertips right now. Feel it tingle with energy and excitement.
- Draw down the white light energy to your chest, hips, thighs, knees, calves, ankles, into each and every toe. Feel the toes tingle as the energy fills them.
- Picture this white light energy filling up your entire body. You are the white light energy, and you will now expand yourself. With each breath in and out expand your white light energy to outside your body. Fill up the room, the building, the neighborhood, the city, the state, the country, the world, the universe. You have expanded throughout the entire galaxy!
- When you are ready to return , bring your energy back into the building, into your body. Allow yourself time to adjust once more to your physical form and when ready, open your eyes. wiggle your fingers and toes. Stretch both arms. overhead and take a big, deep breath in and slowly release again.. You are truly a white light being!
Chakra Healing Through Gemstones
Since ancient times, spiritual healers have used colored stones for the treatment of chakras. It's believed that each gemstone has the power to tap into spiritual energies from the universe, and then guide that healing energy to the corresponding chakra in need of healing.
Today, using gemstones for healing and balancing the chakras is still a very popular form of meditation and spiritual improvement.
Each chakra is associated with a particular color, and each is also associated with certain physical, emotional and mental ailments and characteristics. Energy is believed to exit and enter our bodies through the chakras. If they somehow become misaligned, energy flow is blocked, and a host of physical, mental and spiritual consequences can be experienced.
Gemstones of the colors associated with each chakra are used to treat the corresponding chakras. The shade of the color can be important. To intensify or awaken a chakra, a bold, bright shade would be used.
However, if you want to tone down the effects of a certain chakra to bring it back into proper alignment, you would use a softer tone. For example, the root chakra would be intensified and opened by the use of red or black gemstones, while its effects would be softened and aligned by the use of stones that are pink or gray.
Using Gemstones for Chakra Healing
A good step to take when you're just starting out with chakra healing is finding a set of high quality gemstones. According to ancient tradition, you should look for natural stones, not those that have been created in a lab. Since they come from the earth, natural stones are believed to be much more powerful when attempting to channel healing energy from the universe.
Once you have a good set of gemstones, it's time to begin with chakra healing on yourself. A good way to begin is to meditate. While you're in a peaceful and receptive state, try to tune into your chakras. Visualize each one, and try to discern if any of them are out of alignment.
You can use your gemstones in the same manner as a practitioner would. Hold one and concentrate on its color, arrange them in a circle for a full-body alignment, or hold it against the chakra you're trying to heal.
Once you've begun using gemstones for chakra healing, you'll be amazed at how these little stones can purify and concentrate your efforts.
A Revitalizing Energy Boost
Hold two single-terminated clear quartz crystals, one in each hand, while sitting upright on a chair with your feet firmly grounded. The terminated (pointed) ends of the crystals should be directed towards your body.
This positive polarity directs energy from the universal field, distributing it throughout the subtle energy system. Breathe slowly and deeply, visualizing the energy coursing through your body, leaving you feeling revitalized.
Welcome Stress Relief
Lay comfortably on the floor and place a single-terminated quart crystal across your Solar Plexus Chakra, with the terminated end pointing upwards towards the Crown Chakra. Visualize the excess inappropriate energy being drawn out of your field and discharged into the universal field. Note: it is important to clear the room of dispersed negative energy after such a session.
Realizing Your Potential
The following crystals should be used for a full body layout:
- At the Crown Chakra – Amethyst to calm the mind, dissolve anxiety and absorb negativity
- On the Third Eye Chakra – Sodalite to increase spiritual awareness
- On the Throat Chakra – Blue Lace Agate to help self-expression
- On the Heart Chakra – Green Aventurine to center you while inspiring independence, well-being and health
- On the Solar Plexus Chakra – Citrine for optimism and mental clarity
- On the Lower Abdomen Chakra – Carnelian to increase vitality and passion, and boost assertiveness
- On the Root Chakra – Red Jasper to give a sense of balance to the spirit and to ground you physically and emotionally
- At the bottom of your feet – Single-terminated Clear Quartz (with the terminated end pointing towards your body) to channel energy through the Chakras.
- Focus on a positive satisfying and viable outcome for the future.
Ch'i and the Meridian System
The following was taken directly from Inge Dougans book on reflexology
Ch'i is Chinese and means the “life force” energy that keeps us alive. The Chinese discovered that this ch'i circulates in the body along “meridians”, similar to the blood, nerve and lymphatic circuits. This vital life force controls the workings of the main organs and systems of the body.
It circulates from one organ to another. For each organ to maintain a perfect state of health, the ch'i energy must be able to flow freely along the meridians. If this is balanced, it is impossible to be ill in body, mind, or spirit. All illness is a result of an imbalance in the flow of energy.
Meridians are located throughout the body. They have been described as containing a freeflowing, colorless, noncellular liquid that may be partly actuated by the heart. Meridians have been measured and mapped by modern technological methods, electronically, thermally, and radioactively. With practice, they can be felt. There are specific acupuncture points along the meridians.
These points are electromagnetic in character and consist of small oval cells called Bonham Corpuscles that surround the capillaries in the skin, the blood vessels, and the organs throughout the body. There are some 500 points that are most frequently used. they are stimulated in a definite sequence depending on the action required.
Meridians are named by the live functions with which they seem to associate, so that this name is the same as that of many of the organs we are familiar with.
The Chinese maintain that the ch'i circulates in the meridians 24 times a day and 24 times a night. In a sense, there is only one single meridian that goes right around the entire body, but many different meridians are described according to their positions and functions.
There are 12 main meridians, which are bilateral (paired) resulting in 24 separate pathways. Each meridian is connected and related to a specific organ from which it gets its name. It is also connected to a partner meridian and also an organ with which it has a specific mutual relationship.
Within our bodies the yin organs are those that are hollow and involved in absorption and discharge such as the stomach and the bladder; the yang organs are the dense, blood filled organs such as the heart, which regulate the body.
There is constant interaction between the yin and yang forces and, if the yin/yang balance between the organs is interrupted, the flow of ch'i throughout the body will be affected and the person will fall ill.
Meridians are classified as yin or yang on the basis of the direction in which they flow on the surface of the body. Meridians interconnect deep within the torso and have an internal branch and a surface branch. The section worked on is the surface branch, which is accessible to touch techniques.
Yang energy flows from the sun, and yang meridians run from the fingers to the face, or from the face to the feet. Yin energy from the earth flows from the feet to the torso and from the torso along the inside (yin side) of the arms to the fingertips.
Since the meridian flow is actually one long continuous unbroken flow, the energy flows in one definite direction and from one meridian to another in a welldetermined order. Because there is no beginning or end to this flow, the order of meridians is represented as a wheel.
As we go around this wheel following the meridian line, the flow moves from torso to fingertips to the face and to the feet before returning to the torso.
12 MAIN MERIDIANS
The Meridian Cycle
During the 24hour period the movement of ch'i energy has periods of energy surges and periods of sedation through the meridian and the specific partner organ.
|MERIDIAN||TIME OF ENERGY SURGE|
|Gallbladder Meridian||11pm 1am|
|Liver Meridian||1am 3am|
|Lung Meridian||3am 5am|
|Large Intestine Meridian||5am 7am|
|Stomach Meridian||7am 9am|
|Spleen/Pancreas Meridian||9am 11am|
|Heart Meridian||11am 1pm|
|Small Intestine Meridian||1pm 3pm|
|Bladder Meridian||3pm 5pm|
|Kidney Meridian||5pm 7pm|
|Governing Vessel||7pm 9pm|
|Triple Heater/Endocrine||9pm 11pm|
Energy surges through the meridians (taken from R.Gerber, Vibrational Medicine)
The bladder meridian starts at the inner corner of the eye, continues over the crown of the head, down the back of the legs, and ends on the outer edge of the back of the little toe.
Symptoms/Ailments: bladder problems, headache, eye diseases, neck and back problems, pain along the back of the leg, hair loss, headaches and neck tension, pain and stiffness along the spine, weak/sore lower back, hemorrhoids, boils on buttocks, sciatica and varicose veins, tightness, pain and cramps in calves, weak feet and ankles, athletes foot, bent little toe or pigeon toes.
Functions: Bladder is essential for life because if it is not functioning the system is poisoned and stressed beyond endurance; strong partnership with kidneys; affects the posture weakness in skinny people, head and hips forward and spine backwards; headaches neck tension, crown and forehead headaches; disorders of the lower back toxins from an overloaded bladder; influences lumber vertebrae ovaries and uterus, testes and prostrate; bed wetting; imbalance lifelong battle with fatigue.
Partner Meridian: Kidney
Circulation / Pericardium
It starts next to the nipple, along the arm and ends on the back of the middle finger towards the ring finger.
Symptoms/Ailments: poor circulation, angina, palpitation, diseases of the sexual glands and organs, irritability, pain along the course of the meridian, swollen painful armpits, eczema or skin problems in the brow crease, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, hot palms, arthritis in middle finger, white spots and ridges on the nails.
Functions: Pericardium protects the heart and the Triple Heater (Burner) protects the other meridians; pericardium protects the heart physically and energetically; pericardium is fibrous sac enclosing the heart and absorbing the stresses and shocks; influences the mental and emotional states; exerts an influence on the physical and psychological warmth in relationships; can be warming, caring, enthusiastic and excited if the meridian is balanced or reverse if imbalanced.
Partner Meridian: Triple Heater (Burner)/Endocrine
Starts at the outer corner of the eye, crosses the temple, makes a loop above the ear and curves to the front of the crown, over the head, down the head to the shoulder and continues laterally down the body and leg to end on the back of the fourth toe toward the little toe.
Symptoms/Ailments: gall bladder problems, ear diseases, migraine, hip problems, dizziness, pain along the meridian, temple migraines, eye and ear weakness, neck tensions, shoulder pains frozen shoulder, asthma, shingles, arthritis in the hip, skin problems along this meridian e.g. varicose veins, knee complaints on lateral side, corns on 4th toe, athletes foot or a hammer toe.
Functions: Gall Bladder Meridian is the longest meridian in the body; function is to store and secrete bile; influences stomach and spleen function; disruption of gall bladder meridian major cause of headaches (vice grip type) and neck tensions; gall bladder rules decision making anger and rash decisions are due to excess gallbladder energy/ch'i and indecision is a sign of gall bladder disharmony.
Partner Meridian: Liver
Starts on the back of the ring finger along the arm and ends at the top of the outer corner of the eye.
Symptoms/Ailments: diseases of the thyroid and adrenal glands, ear problems, sore throat, abdominal distension, edema, swelling of cheek, pain along the meridian, stiffness and pain along the arm and wrist, arthritis, white spots or ridges on nail of the third finger and eczema on the fourth/ring finger, pain behind and the corner of the eye, ear problems (e.g. pain, full waxy ears), eczema, shoulder pains.
Functions: Triple Heater (Burner) does not correlate with an anatomical organ; related to the endocrine system and heat in the body is controlled by its function; internal heat is required for functioning of all the organs, heart, processing of food, reproduction activity; regulates the autonomic nervous system and this the heart and abdominal organs in their response to emotion; controls the pituitary glands which regulates the output of the endocrine glands; regulates body temperature, appetite and thirst; controls emotions and moods urges of pleasure/displeasure.
Partner Meridian: Circulation/Pericardium
Starts in the armpit and ends at the back of the little finger towards the ring finger.
Symptoms/Ailments: heart problems, dryness of the throat, jaundice, pain along the course of the meridian, pain in the armpits and swollen glands, weak wrists, inner arm pain, stiffness or pain in the little finger, ridges and white spots on the nails, palpitations, chest pains and cardiac disorders, constipation and malabsorption of nutrients, diaphragm disorders.
Functions: Heart rules the blood and blood vessels; if the heart is strong, the body will be healthy and the emotions orderly, emotionally related to love; governs the transportation system oxygen, nutrients, wastes; if the heart is weak, all the other meridians will be in imbalance; circulatory problems cause health problems; when the heart's energy and blood are harmonious, the spirit is nourished and the person is balanced and lives harmoniously; imbalance results in insomnia, forgetfulness, hysteria, irrational behavior, insanity.
Partner Meridian: Small Intestine
Starts on the sole of the foot and ascends around the anklebone up the back of the leg to emerge around the front of the lower thigh and straight up the body to the breastbone.
Symptoms/Ailments: kidney problems, lung problems, dry tongue, lumbago, edema, constipation, diarrhea, pain and weakness along the course of the meridian, throat weakness, hot and dry tongue, lung congestion, heart problems, breast lumps, solar plexus and diaphragm problems, bladder weakness, sexual problems and infertility, varicose veins and broken capillaries on thighs, shinbone soreness and swollen ankles,burning, sweating and painful soles of the feet.
Functions: Kidneys are the source of vital life essence Jing in Chinese medicine, and controls the life activity of all the other organs; purifies the blood and breaks down into nutritional components; moves, converts, stores and expels excess water; weak bones, loose teeth and flakynails indicate weak kidney life essence; adrenals cortex produces cortisone and sex hormones; strong kidney essence nourishes the brain memory, concentration and thinking; influences the capacity for hard work.
Partner Meridian: Bladder
The large intestine meridian starts at the tip of the index finger, crosses the back of the shoulder and ends on the face at either side of the nose.
Symptoms/Ailments: abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, sore throat, toothache in the lower gum, nasal discharge and bleeding, pain along the course of the meridian, itchy nose and sores, cold sores on lips, frozen shoulder and shoulder pain, tennis elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, arthritis and pain in index finger, white spots on fingernails, ridges on nails.
Functions: (Large Intestine/Colon) lower tract of the digestive tract, receives and digests food, absorbs nutrients and excess waste; if regular elimination does not occur toxins build up. Proper elimination imperative for good health; toxic overload results in disharmony; imbalance abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, acne, boils, headaches and stuffy nose.
Partner Meridian: Lung
Starts at the top of the big toe and ascends up the inside of the leg to the genital regions and continues upward too just below the nipple.
Symptoms/Ailments: liver problems, lumbago, vomiting, hernia, urination problems, pain in the lower abdomen and along the course of the meridian, pain on right side indicates liver problems and pain on the left side indicates stomach and spleen problems, digestive problems, eczema in groin area, both male and female. genital problems in males and females herpes, low sperm count, impotence, low sexual libido, candida, thigh pain and varicose veins, knee pain on medial side, problems with big toe gout, ingrown toenail, fungus and corns.
Functions: Liver is a regulating and harmonizing organ; primary center for metabolism secretes bile, synthesizes proteins, naturalizes toxins, regulates blood sugar levels, stores glycogen and changes it back to glucose; brain requires glucose therefore essential that liver supplies glucose to the brain essential for conscious and unconscious thought processes; liver meridian controls functions of nervous system and important for psychological problems e.g. depression and anger.
Partner Meridian: Gall Bladder
Starts at the clavicle and ends at the back of the thumb towards the index finger.
Symptoms/Ailments: respiratory diseases, sore throat, cough, common cold, pain in the shoulder and along the meridian, stiff forearm, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, wrist disorders, arthritis and stiffness of the thumb, white spots on nails, ridges on nails.
Functions: regulates respiration, responsible for bringing energy from the air; regulates status of body energy; governs elimination of CO2 from the body; close relationship with the large intestine; imbalance results in chest congestion, coughs and asthma.
Partner Meridian: Large Intestine
Starts on the outside of the tip of the little finger and passes along the posterior side of the forearm, circles behind the shoulder, along the side of the neck to the cheek and outer corner of the eye before entering the ear.
Symptoms/Ailments: pain in the lower abdomen, sore throat, swelling or paralysis of face, pain along the meridian, ear problems tinnitus and deafness, trigeminal neuralgia in the face, swollen lymph glands in the throat region, fibrositis in the shoulder; tennis elbow, arthritis in the little finger, spots and ridges on the nails, heart disorders, abdominal complaints distention and constipation, poor circulation in legs.
Functions: Small intestine receives and digests food; sorting out process separates pure from impure and controls proportion of liquid to solid; psychological sorting out of ideas, emotions and thoughts.
Partner Meridian: Heart
Starts at the tip of the big toe runs up the leg, makes a bend into the pelvis, up the side of the abdomen and ends at the shoulder with an internal branch ending in the side of the thorax.
Symptoms/Ailments: problems of the spleen and pancreas, abdominal distension, jaundice, general weakness and sluggishness, tongue problems, vomiting, pain and swellings along the course of the meridian, underarm complaints boils lymph swelling, eczema, digestive problems, cysts and fibroids in the uterus, menstrual problems and prostrate disorders, thigh pain, varicose veins and broken capillaries, knee pain and shinbone problems, ingrown toe nails with big toe pointing upwards, bunions.
Functions: Pancreas is central to physical existence and health; Distributes chienergy released from food; transform (pancreatic juices) food into energy and blood; destroys spent red blood cells and forms antibodies; pancreas helps maintain control over digestive system; controls blood sugar (hypoglycemia low blood sugar), (hyperglycemia high blood sugar); Pancreas influences body temperature; improper functioning influences adrenal glands which influence sex gland and kidneys; emotionally depression, PMT and irritability.
Partner Meridian: Stomach
Starts under the eye and curves up the temple, over the eye, down the nose and then continues down the body and ends on the top of the second toe.
Symptoms/Ailments: stomach problems, abdominal pain, distension, edema, vomiting, sore throat, facial paralysis, upper gum toothache, nose bleeding, pain along the meridian, cheek disorders, broken capillaries, bags and shadows under the eyes, sores in mouth, snoring and dribbling at night and grinding of teeth, throat problems and thyroid disorders, breast and nipple soreness, breast lumps and inverted nipples, diaphragm disorders (hiatus hernia), liver and gallbladder disorders on right side, stomach, pancreas and spleen disorders on left side, digestive problems (e.g. hernia, constipation, diverticulitis), appendix, ovarian problems, blocked fallopian tubes, infertility, thigh pains, knee pains, shin pains and varicose veins, corns, fungus on nail, hammertoe.
Functions: (Stomach controls digestion, it holds and digests the food with the help of the pancreas. The nutrients are transformed for the energy and blood to transport it.) Connected to Earth food is nourishment, quality of food controls the quality of life; disharmony and imbalance of stomach major cause of illness.
Partner Meridian: Spleen/Pancreas
Here is a phenomenal article on meridian therapy and how to trace meridians: Meridian Therapy
Free Chakra/Meridian Charts
Free Body Chakra Chart Click for larger image
Free Hand and Foot Chakra Chart Click for larger image
Free Meridian Chart Click for larger image
The color energy that surrounds us is ever changing based on how we are “inside ourselves.” Physical, mental, and emotional situations show through the colors of our Aura.
The word “aura” is but another name for “force field” or “radiation.” Every substance in the universe has a radiation or aura — and the auras of Minerals, plants and animals as well as human bodies have special characteristics.
In it’s basic form, it embodies seven major layers powered through seven major energy centers called Chakra and is energized by the Kundalini which is the storehouse of Vital energy situated at the base of the spine. Vital energy should flow naturally up the spine with some energy radiating out of each Chakra with most rising through the Crown Chakra at the top of the head.
The science and art of medicine that was initially one, and then split into two, are now approaching reunion. The healing science that became traditional medicine and alternate medicine is slowly becoming the healing sciences. The history of this topic is extensive — extending back thousands of years.
Five thousand years ago, ancient spiritual tradition of India spoke of a universal source of all life. The energy called “prana.” This Universal energy is the breath of life which moves through all forms to give them life. Yogis work with this energy with breathing techniques, Meditation, and physical exercise to produce altered states of consciousness and longevity.
Three thousand years ago, the ancient “Qigong” masters in China were practicing their meditative discipline to balance and invigorate the human energy field. They called this vital energy that pervades all forms, both animate and inanimate, “Qi”.
The Qi is the vital energy of the body; while gong means the skill of moving this Qi and working with it. Practitioners use mind control to move and control the Qi to not only improve health and longevity, but also to enhance awareness, psychic powers, and spiritual development.
The ancient Qigong masters also developed Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and the martial arts. In addition, they made the first model for acupuncture. Acupuncturists insert needles, or use moxa, or put magnets at specific acupuncture points to balance the yin and yang of the human energy field. When the Qi is balanced, the entity has good health. When the Qi is unbalanced, the entity has poor or impaired health.
The Kabbalah, the Jewish mystical teachings written about 538 B.C., calls these energies the Astral light. Later on, Christian paintings and sculptures show a halo around the head of Christ and other spiritual leaders. Similarly, we see this halo on statues and paintings of Buddha, and also see energy or light coming from the fingers of many of the gods of India.
In fact, there are references made to the phenomenon of the human energy field (HEF) or the aura of the body, in 97 different cultures.
The Aura can be seen in two distinct ways. One way is by actually training the eyes to see it (unless you are given the gift to see them) and the other way is with Kirlian photography. This is a photographic process that captures the auras or biofields of persons or objects within the photograph.
There seems to be no evidence that Kirlian photography is a paranormal phenomenon. Some experimenters think it reveals a physical form of psychic energy. Another theory is that it reveals the etheric body, one of the layers of the aura thought to permeate all animate objects.
Seeing the Aura
- Although not all people are aware of their auraseeing ability, all of us sense auras through a combination of perceptions at the subconscious, instinctual level.
- Anyone can be taught to see an aura by squinting their eyes, blurring their vision in a dimly lit area.
- Raise your arm out, holding your hand in front of you. Now, simply move your hand slowly from left to right, back and forth while watching the energy above and around your hand that moves with it. This will give you a better sense of the amazing power, which generates from your source.
The Colors of the Aura
The colors of the aura provide a guide in understanding our emotions, consciousness, energy processes and centers.
- Red, yellow and Orange: these are warmer colors and denote extroversion, expressiveness, practicality and vitality.
- Blue and green: these cooler colors generally show more sensitivity, peacefulness, as well as, an inward and intuitive nature.
- Violet and white: symbolizes a vivid imagination, magic and a spiritual orientation towards life. It tells you that you are, or have the ability to be connected to the one consciousness. It is the highest and truest ability to be one with the spiritual, allow great insight, vision and clarity.
- Black: Black is a color often shrouded in confusion. Many individuals shy away from Black or using Black, especially when using Color Therapy. Black is actually a protective color. It can be used to calm and ground extremely sensitive people. It activates the feminine or magnetic energies of the body, strengthening them. It should be used sparingly for too much Black can cause depression or aggravate emotional and mental conditions. Black is most effective when used in conjunction with White which balances the polarities of an individual. It can activate the level of the subconscious which can put life in it’s proper perspective.A body that may have a Black Aura is usually a body without life. The light is gone from the body. Also remember, Black contains the entire color spectrum. It is just not visible to the human eye.
- Maroon Stamina, strength, purpose and restraint, fighting spirit, warmth, cooperative effort, recuperation, moodiness, selfishness
- Crimson optimism go getter, challenging competitive nature, eager for success, ready to champion cause, reckless
- Scarlet impassioned, likable, spiteful, short tempered, volatile, vivacious
- Pink sensitivity, unconditional love, gentleness, willingness to help, serves others, easily hurt, not spiteful or jealous
- Gold Goddess energy transformation, openness. Golden may mean spiritual knowledge or mental strength.
- Turquoise Love, healing heart, generosity
- Indigo spirituality,integrity, psychic skills, ancient memories
- Brown earthiness, grounded
- Gray Gray can indicate intuition and creative imagination. The silvery gray color shows femininity while the darker gray indicates physical imbalance and secretiveness.
Healers often have green, Blue, or Violet in the aura, happily Pregnant women run to pastels, lovers often have a glow of Rose throughout the aura, intellectual activities can show up as yellow tones clear pure colors are indicative of stronger harmony than muddy colors.
Reading the Aura
When reading an aura by sight or with Kirlian photography:
- The right side: emphasizes the masculine energy. The recent past or that which is leaving you.
- Center and above the head: best expresses what you are experiencing right now.
- The left side: emphasizes the feminine energy. The near future or that which is coming into your life.
The Shape of the Aura
- If it is bright and extended widely around you, this means that you are feeling happy, optimistic and good about life.
- If it is dark and narrow, this could mean that you are depressed, ill, listless or afraid.
- If it is even on all sides, this means that you are well balanced and consistent.
- If you see gaps or holes in your aura, this usually symbolizes a loss or a will to let go of something significant.
To enhance your ability to see auras, you must remember these things.
1. Everyone's aura is unique.
2. The aura of one person will interact with the energies of others, as well as those of other animals and plants.
3. When a person's aura changes, this is a sign of changes within that person's self. It can be physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, or even psychological.
4. The longer a person is around another person, the more their auric fields will exchange energy.
You can see Bird auras ..
- The sky should be mostly clear .. not too many clouds.
- Find a bird that is flying slowly or sitting on a telephone line with the sky as the only background.
- You should stare or gaze at the bird, letting your eyes go a little out of focus.
- Don't strain your eyes or try to hard .. you may not be able to see the aura on your first try.
- When you see the aura for the first time, you may get excited and the aura will disappear.
- Just relax and try again.
See auras around trees and plants ..
- Look at the top of a tree with the sky as a background.
- You should look a little past the tips of the limbs or leaves of the tree/plant.
- Let your eyes go a little out of focus and just relax while doing this.
- You will see a cloud (almost glowing) like ~~~~~ that moves in and out from the tree/plant.
You can also see your own aura …
- Do not have bright lights on … or be in total darkness… a soft light from the hallway or a little light from the window is okay.
- Sit facing a mirror with a light or white background (wall) behind you.
- Patterns or bright colors are not good because you will have trouble seeing an aura or not be able to see one at all.
- Relax and look into the mirror at your head and shoulder area.
- Let your eyes look beyond yourself in the mirror… not directly at yourself. (you will be looking at the wall behind you).
- You will start to see a glowing energy that comes off your head area …You may not see colors, but a transparent/white or light color moving in and out near the top of your head or from the sides of your head. This is your aura. You may even see a glowing around other things that may be viewed while looking in the mirror (like a picture on the wall behind you or a bureau and the objects on it).
- Everything has an aura or energy field … your eyes are not playing tricks on you .. just relax and get comfortable with what you are seeing. Again, the excitement you get when this happens, will cause the aura to disappear … just refocus and try again .. the aura will return.
How to see your aura coming off your fingertips …
- The room should not be too bright …(example) you could stand in a doorway with the hallway in total darkness, the room you are in should have light. Stand with your hands toward the hallway and your back toward the lighted room.
- Take your two hands and have the tips of your fingers (both hands) touch each other ..
- Place your hands (with fingertips touching) about 8 to 10 inches away from your face.
- Your eyes should look directly at your fingertips while move your hands slowly away from each other (about 6 inches apart) … as if in slow motion.
- You will see a whitish band between your fingertips. It almost looks like rubber bands.
- Move your fingerstips back to original position (touching) and slowly move back and forth, touching and moving the fingertips (hands) away from each other about 6 inches …
What Will Weaken the Aura:
1. Not eating a wellbalanced diet.
2. Lack of or no exercise in the daily routine above and beyond the daily regiment of activities.
3. Not enough rest and/or sleep.
4. Stress is a definite factor that can be alleviated through use of meditation, exercise, or leisure activities.
5. The use of drugs and/or alcohol. (This includes prescription medications.)
6. The use of tobacco or anything else in excess.
7. Not enough fresh air.
8. Participation in negative psychic activities that upset or stress the inner person.
How to Strengthen and Protect Your Aura
- Proper diet, exercise, and fresh air are very important. Limit your use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs as they will weaken your aura.
- Stress, mental disorders, emotional trauma, worry and fear will also weaken your aura.
- To strengthen your aura you should get plenty of physical exercise, cleanse the bowels to remove toxins, and meditate.
- Music can be very helpful in strengthening an aura (especially Gregorian Chants for 10 min. a day). If you wish to listen to something other than the chants try classical or elemental music that you like.
- Fragrance is another good way to strengthen and cleanse your aura. Smudging with Sage is highly recommended. Incense and essential oils can help counter disease and illness. Sage and Sweet grass should be used for cleansing and balancing and Frankincense for cleansing and protection.
- Quartz Crystals at least one inch work well to strengthen your aura. Double terminated Quartz (point out of both ends) should be carried in one's pocket for maximum protection.
There is a rhythm to life! From the beat of our hearts to the beat of the streets, everything around us is set to it’s own timing. There is a natural tendency in nature towards harmony. When something is not in sync, has Dissonance or dischord, we know it and can sense or feel it. This creates disharmony between two people or a person and their environment.
When our energies are in sync, this Resonance is very apparent. For example, being near someone who is calm, often makes us calm. Being in someone’s home that is arranged beautifully, can create a sense of peace.
Women who tend to live in close proximity to one another, often become in sync with their menstrual cycles. Couples in a relationship tend to start talking, acting and even looking like each other after time. These are all examples of entrainment.
Entrainment is an active process. By changing your rhythm and it’s frequency, this changes your vibration.
Here are some great exercises and tips for creating harmony in your life NOW!
1. Deep breathing: Slow rhythmic breathing allows you to decrease your heart rate, respiration and therefore, slowing down brainwaves, altering the overall state of your body.
2. Humming: Humming with your own voice can improve health, greatly reduce Stress, release negative emotions, strengthen Immune System, increase energy and improve selfconfidence. This allows you to tune into our own vibration and create peace.
3. Meditation: Fold your hands in your lap and close your eyes, right where you are. Take a few slow deep breaths. Let go of the Tension in your neck and shoulders. Focus on a word or phrase (mantra) or follow the rise and fall of your chest.
4. Musical Rhythms: music is one of the best ways to create harmony in your life. Find music, which suits the mood you wish to create. Slow and relaxing, sensual and romantic, fast and energetic. Music naturally entrains the mood of the soul.
5. Color Therapy: By concentrating on a particular healing color, it is the visualization of that color that will be projected. If we focus on a color, the energy emanates from our body and begins to change the frequency that resonates with that particular color.
6. Energy Cycles: The Cycles in Nature are important when doing any kind of entrainment work. When working with the energy of natural cycles, you are likely to get better results.
The cycles of the moon and tides have great power. This influence is not a constant, unchanging thing, however, and an understanding of the basic lunar cycles can help us to understand how these cycles influence our lives.
7. Understand Your Biorhythms: Biorhythms are a method to predict three cycles in your life based on your birthday. These cycles are the physical, emotional and intellectual cycle. Each of these cycles goes through different phases: high, low and critical.
8. Seasonal Healing: is one of the best ways to remind ourselves that it is time to evaluate our health. Our moods and bodies change as the seasons change. Our past cultures have learned how to harmonize their bodies with the world around them.
9. Circadian Rhythm: This is our internal daily biological clock. This clock can be influenced by many different elements, such as light and darkness, time of day and temperature.
10. Exercise: Exercise is what your body instinctively wants to do especially under Stress: fight or flight, and it works. It Burns off some of the Stress chemicals which Tension produces.
Therefore, a tired muscle is a relaxed muscle. Regular exercise builds stamina that can help anyone battle Stress. But even something as casual as a walk around the block can help you burn off some of the Tension that you carrying around.
Cleansing Your Aura
Our auras are like magnets picking up vibrational energies that are floating around everywhere we go. It is important to cleanse our auras freeing them of foreign vibrations and negative energies. Here are a few simple ways to do it.
- Using your fingers as a comb, comb through the space surrounding your body from head to toe. Clean your hands with running water before and after doing this.
- Stand under a waterfall or shower.
- Walking in the rainfall.
- Run freely and playfully in the wind.
- Using a single feather or feather whisk make sweeping motions through the space surrounding your body.
- Smudge the area surrounding your body with the smoke from Sage, lavender, and/or sweetgrass.
- Immerse and soak your body in an epsom salt bath.
- Turkey or owl feathers are especially good feathers to use for sweeping the aura.
- Take care to do some deep breathing exercises while cleansing your aura to aid in flushing your inner body.
- Caution: Do not walk in the rain during an electrical storm.
Aromatherapy Aura Rinse Recipe
- 1 litre of spring/rain water
- 25 mls Rose water
- 25 mls Witch Hazel water
- 3 drops Sandalwood oil
- 2 drops of another favorite oil
- 1 teaspoon rock/sea salt
- a glass bottle for storage
- a spritz spray bottle.
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop StarWest Botanicals!
- Blend the liquids and salt and oils together.
- Pour into the glass bottle.
- Shake and leave until salt has dissolved.
- Pour into a spray bottle.
- Shake before each use. Use to spray on yourself to cleanse your aura or dowse your self in the shower with the mix.