Tips for Adults in the Workplace
Teachers aren’t the only ones suffering effects from their students with ADD/ADHD… employers also feel the consequences of the 3 to 4 percent of adults worldwide with the disorder. Studies from survey data from the Harvard Medical School in Boston show that on average, adults with ADHD lose three weeks worth of work annually due to their inability to maintain focus and concentration
ADD/ADHD can lead to sub par quality of work and lost productivity as a result of typical symptoms of the disorder, which include chronic hyperactivity, forgetfulness, and impulsiveness. In addition, the disorder can severely affect interactivity with other employees, and even lead to loss of employment – which can result in subsequent disorders such as depression and anxiety.
- Get a thorough medical screening. According to the World Health Organization’s recent study, more than 3 percent of working adults do not even know they have the disorder.
- If you have been diagnosed, acknowledge your disorder. Many adults still carry the viewpoint that ADD/ADHD is just for kids… but the effects can be even more detrimental than some mental health disorders, as it can be very persistent.
- Let your employer know. If your work performance has been suffering, it may be beneficial to have a discussion with your employer now that you have recognized the difficulties… and to provide them assurance that you are addressing the issue.
- Take a holistic approach to health. Diet, lifestyle, surroundings, and emotional elements all support the health of an individual as a whole. By adapting these to what works best for your condition, you can help maintain focus naturally.
- Consider natural remedies first. To reduce the risk of side effects, many herbs and homeopathic remedies can provide the same results as conventional remedies, including Gotu cola, Asian Ginseng, and Ginkgo Biloba, to name a few.
Even though it’s not easy to accept the reality of being diagnosed with adult ADD/ADHD, knowledge is power -and the more you know about your condition, the better able you will be to understand and manage your symptoms so you can get on with your busy life.
Focus Formula™ – Support concentration and attention, while maintaining normal energy levels in children and adults
Triple Complex Brain Tonic™ – Promotes brain health and functioning, including concentration, memory and balanced mood in all ages
Focus ADDult™ – Support brain functions including concentration, focus, and attention span in teens and adults
MindSoothe™ – Supports common feelings of ‘the blues’ experienced in adults
MemoRise™ – Support brain and memory health in mature adults
“…Luckily I gave Focus ADDult a try! I can highly recommend it for anyone who wants to (support) study skills and concentration.” -Felicity (27 Years Old)
“…I stumbled upon this website and decided to give the Focus Formula a try. For the first couple of weeks, I didn’t think these drops were going to work but I decided to stick with them and give them some time. I am happy to say that after three weeks on the drops, I noticed a dramatic improvement! …Thank you so much for a great product!” -Stacy, AK
“My memory was getting pretty awful, and I thought, ‘Oh well, that’s just old age creeping up on me.’ My wife put us both on MemoRise, and my mind feels clear again for the first time in years.” – John, Canada
Fill out the form below to receive our free natural health newsletter. It's filled with practical tips, health alerts & more!
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course FREE!!
Republished by Blog Post PromoterFree PDF Health Ebook...