Adult Deficit Disorder, commonly called ADD is a developmental disorder manifested by the requirement of unsuitable levels of attention. Some people describe ADD as a profusion of attention as some people find it difficult to focus attention on one thing at a time especially when it appears meaningless and boring to them rather than a lack of attention.
Even though studies estimate that almost 3.5% of the population is affected by ADD, diagnoses of ADD is a controversial issue, since many experts believe it to be a psychological rather than a biological disorder.
Following are the symptoms of a person who suffers from this condition:
1. Inability to focus attention to detail, making careless mistakes while going about daily work schedule
2. Appearing not to listen when spoken to
3. Ignoring instructions or finishing tasks
4. Avoiding tasks that require higher levels of mental effort
5. Frequently losing items required for the work at hand
6. Getting distracted easily
7. Excessive forgetfulness
However, the presence of either of the above symptoms is not a conclusive sign of ADD. A person requires adult ADD medication only if at least six of the above symptoms are manifested in a person continuously for more than three months.
Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!