Add 10 – 15 drops of cinnamon essential oil to a cup of water. Shake before each use. This deceptively simple recipe is actually quite effective since cinnamon is antiseptic and antibacterial. It also is the best essential oil to use for garlic breath. WARNING! Cinnamon Essential Oil can be highly irritating. Patch test before […]
DIY Beauty RSS feed for this section
Solid Perfume Make a solid base out of sweet almond oil, beeswax and a couple of drops of vitamin E. Heat up the oil so it’s good and warm, melt the beeswax in it, take it off heat and let it cool slightly, stir it so it thickens, then add the vitamin E. To this […]
Sprinkle in a full bath … * Rosemary, 2 drops * Orange, 3 drops * Geranium, 1 drop A witty, playful scent, like Bogart and Bacall, the blend of rosemary, orange and geranium entices lovers to press their lips together – and not just whistle! Free PDF Health Ebook…Remedies4.com!
* 1 tbsp of an infusion of comfrey leaves OR1 tbsp of a decoction of comfrey roots * 1 tbsp lanolin * 2 tsp sweet almond oil * 2 tsp water * 2 tsp cod liver oil Melt lanolin and almond oil in a double boiler. Add water and allow to cool. Mix in cod […]
This is a great formula for getting those sun-kissed highlights in your hair – naturally! * Juice of 1 lemon * 2 teaspoons chamomile tea Mix lemon juice and tea. Using an inexpensive straw hat with lots of holes in it, pull strands of hair you would like to lighten through the holes with a […]
* 1 cup distilled water * 1 cup vodka * 1/8 cup glycerine * 1 tsp vitamin E * 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil * 15 drops of Orange or Tangerine Essential Oil * 15 drops Grapefruit Essential oil * 1 drop yellow food coloring Blend all ingredients and store in spray bottle. Use after […]
* 1 tsp lavender flowers (dried) * 1 tsp rose petals (dried) * 1/2 tsp lemon balm (dried) * 1/4 tsp rosemary (dried) * 1/8 tsp spearmint (dried) (just to give it a bit of a snap) * 4 drops lavender EO * 2 drops rose EO * 1 drop patchouli EO Mix well, put […]
* 1 tsp. beeswax * 1 tsp. apricot kernel oil * 1 tsp. calendula oil * a few drops essential oil of lemon or orange Melt the beeswax. Add the apricot and calendula oils, stirring constantly. Remove from heat while stirring, and when partly cooled, add the essential oil. Store in a small pot. Note: […]
* .75 cc rosewater * 3 cc vanilla vodka * 2 drops rose absolute * 6 drops sandalwood EO This made about a dram of fragrance (approx. 4 cc’s) which I thought was a good size to just make a wee sample. It did smell good. Free PDF Health Ebook…Remedies4.com!
This will act as an astringent and stimulate. Marigolds have dehydrating properties and can help reduce excess body fluids. * 1 cup dried marigold petals * 1 teaspoon baby oil Add to warm (not hot) running water. Free PDF Health Ebook…Remedies4.com!