Yarrow for Oily Skin and Hair
Yarrow is a wonderful choice when making cosmetics and cleansers for oily skin. Here are some of my favorite recipes.
Place a tablespoon of Yarrow in a bowl and fill the bowl half full with boiling water. Lean over the bowl, and cover your head with a towel so that no steam escapes. You should be 12-18 inches from the water. After steaming, splash your face with cool water and pat dry.
For added benefit, add one or more of the following herbs:
You will need:
2) Dip a tea towel into the liquid and squeeze out the excess.
3) Rinse your face in lukewarm water. Place the towel over your face and relax for 15-20 minutes.
4) Pat your face dry. If you want to apply a Moisturizer afterwards, choose one that doesn’t contain alcohol.
Tip: You can also use this compress to soothe rough, red, or cracked hands. If you hands are dry, coat with Almond oil before applying compress.
Place 1 tbs. dried Yarrow flowers and foliage, and 1 tbs. dried Chamomile flowers in a bowl. Add 2 cups boiling water. Leave in a warm place for 30 minutes. Stir again then strain off the liquid. Pour into glass bottles and store in the refrigerator.
Yarrow treatment for oily hair
You will need:
Bring water to boil in a double boiler. Add oils and Yarrow to the top of the double boiler. Simmer gently, stirring frequently for 1 hour. Cool and strain. Repeat with fresh herb if you’d like a stronger oil.
Mix half and half with conditioner, and massage into hair and scalp. Cover hair with plastic wrap and and top with a warm towel. Sit in a warm, sunny place for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Shampoo, and repeat the treatment once or twice a week as necessary
Yarrow skin treatment for itchy skin
You will need:
- 1 pint jar with tight fitting lid
- 1/4 cup dried, coarsely ground Yarrow
- a half and half mixture of grain alcohol (Everclear) and spring water.
- Place the Herbs in the jar, and fill the jar to the shoulder with grain alcohol - spring water mixture. Cover tightly.
1) Store at room temperature, protected from light and heat, for 4-6 weeks. Shake vigorously every few days.
2) After 4-6 weeks strain the mixture through a clean cotton cloth in a colander or strainer. Squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
3) Discard the plant material and store the liquid in a dark glass bottle. This preparation will keep at room temperature indefinitely.
4) Apply to itchy areas with a cotton ball.
Yarrow is more than just another pretty face in the flower garden!
- Grow Yarrow to attract beneficial Syrphid flies (also called flower flies or hover flies) to your garden. Syrphid flies are bright yellow or Black and Orange flies that might resemble yellowjackets or wasps.
They are harmless to humans, but in the larval stage they consume huge quantities of harmful insects, particularly aphids, in the garden. Syrphid flies are important to the garden because they feed early in the season when it may be too cool for other beneficial insects.
Yarrow acts as an activator to speed the decomposition of compost. Use as much as you like, but you only need one finely chopped leaf per wheelbarrow load of compost material to see results.
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
NaturalEco Organics is where we recommend you go for Organic, natural, chemical-free products and quality remedies for a safe, healthy journey for Mom and Baby, from Pregnancy to baby’s Nursery!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your Bulk Herbs, Spices, Teas and single oils!
Are you looking for quality Vitamins, diet aids and health Supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!