Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E are Antioxidants. They protect your skin against free radicals that cause aging. Vitamin E applied on your skin helps protect you against the aging effects of sunlight, pollution and other sources of free radicals. Look younger by using Anti oxidants on your skin
This facial uses vitamin E supplement, vitamin A supplement (or beta carotene if you can’t find pure vitamin A. Lavender oil is added for its fragrance and healing properties.
Caution applying Vitamins from a capsule can lead to Rashes in some people, so it is very important to do a patch test on your wrist first. The Vitamins in theses supplements are in a different form from those you find in good quality Skin Care products. That is why good quality Skin Care products are safer.
Before attempting this facial, check if you are Allergic to any of the ingredients in the facial. . Mix 1 drop Lavender oil, 1 teaspoon kaolin and cut a capsule of each of your chosen supplements. Mix the contents with the kaolin mix. Add water to form a paste and apply on your wrist. Leave overnight. If your skin is irritated by it, skip this facial. If you are Allergic to any of the ingredients in the facial, skip the steps that use these ingredients.
Before you start
- Wash your hands with Soap and water.
- Wash all the bowls, whisk, utensils, spoons, cups and whatever equipment you will be using for this facial with Soap and water. Sterilise these with boiling water. (Note: do not boil glass items as these can crack and the splinters can injure you. Certain plastics can melt if boiled so watch out for that). Make sure all surfaces you use for preparing this facial are clean. Remember. For home facials, hygiene and cleanliness is all important.
- Cut open a vitamin E capsule and put the contents in a bowl. Cut open a vitamin A or beta carotene capsule and put the contents in the bowl. Add 2 drops Lavender oil. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix well. Add 3 tablespoons of kaolin powder and mix to form thick smooth paste. That is your antioxidant Mask.
- Put 2 ordinary teabags (green tea or black tea but not herbal tea) into another cup. Pour boiling water over it. Discard the water. Pour cool water over it. Discard the water. Set aside.
- Put 1 teaspoon of almond flour and 1 teaspoon distilled water into a bowl. That is your scrub.
- Fill a kettle with water and set that to boil.
- Wear a hair band or shower cap to keep your hair off your face.
- Get ready some cotton pads and a clean towel an 1 tablespoon of skim milk.
- Now you are ready for your facial.
- Dip a pair of clean cotton pads into the milk. Use these pads to wipe your makeup off your face. Discard leftover milk.
- Wash off the milk with lots of water.
- Use the scrub to cleanse your face. Discard leftover scrub.
- Wash off the scrub with lots of water.
- Dry your face with a clean towel.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl. Add 2 drops of Lavender oil.
- With the towel forming a ‘tent’ over your head and the bowl, keep your face about 20cm above the bowl. (Caution: Skip this step if you are an Asthmatic. The steam could trigger an attack. Skip this step if you have thread veins. The heat could worsen your condition )
- Relax and let the steam cleanse your face for 10 minutes.
- Apply the antioxidant Mask on your face. Discard leftover mixture.
- Put 1 cool ordinary tea bag over each eye
- Relax and wait for the Mask to dry and harden.
- Remove the teabags
- Carefully remove the dried Mask from your face. It will come off in pieces. Wash off the rest with lots of water.
- Dip 2 cotton pads into cold distilled water with a drop of apple cider vinegar and use that to tone your face.