We all hate that double-chin that creeps up on is in mid-life….but, is there anything (besides surgery) we can do about it?
Here’s what I’ve found:
1) Lose 10 or 15 pounds. “The single best way to get rid of a double chin is to lose weight,” says Robert Kotler, M.D., a facial cosmetic surgeon and clinical instructor in surgery at the University of California, Los Angeles. “Lots of people come to my office wanting cosmetic surgery. But if they just take off some excess weight, the problem usually diminishes to the point where they don’t need any more help.
2) Get cropped. Long hair draws eyes to your neck–precisely what you want to avoid. Pageboy cuts that curl under the chin are the worst. “The rule is to keep it short, at or above the jawline,” says Kathleen Walas, fashion and beauty director for New York Citybased Avon Products and author of Real Beauty . . . Real Women.
3) A good posture is yet another way to help you get rid of a double chin. Sitting up straight and keeping your jaw slightly jutted during the day is going to keep that double chin away. Hey, that rhymes! Giving your jaw muscles too much slack is going to ensure that body fat and loose skin starts to accumulate there. There are ergonomic chairs like the one I have here that will ensure you sit up straight while you work.
4) Moisturize. This won’t necessarily prevent a double-chin, however, many women forget the neck area when cleansing and moisturizing their face. Make sure you care for the skin on your neck every bit as diligently as you do your facial area.
Facial exercises should be done once a day, and this regimen can be continued for life, or you could scale down to three times a week, after completing a month of daily exercises.
Some people report that minor spots or blemishes appear after starting facial exercises, and yes, it is normal.
The skin is once again stimulated to produce its natural oils and lubricants and these minor spots may appear when starting facial exercises, until the skin is functioning efficiently and correctly again. Skin cells get lazy and stagnate, but with proper exercises these cells are once again activated to work with renewed vigor.
Neck and throat facial exercises
* A great exercise is to sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling while keeping your lips closed and then start a chewing movement. You will feel the muscles working in your neck and throat area - and will be truly amazed at the results. Repeat 20 times.
* Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Start puckering your lips together in a kiss and stretch the kiss, as if you were trying to kiss the ceiling. Keep your lips puckered for 10 counts, then relax, bring your head back to its normal position and repeat 5 times.
* Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Open your lips and stick your tongue out as if you were trying to touch your chin with the tip of your tongue. Keep your tongue out in this position for 10 counts, and then return your tongue and head to its normal position.
* Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Next move your lower lip over your top lip as far as possible and keep it there for a count of 5. Relax and repeat 5 times.
* Lie on your bed, with your head hanging down over the edge. Slowly bring your head up towards your torso and keep it there for 10 counts. Relax and lower your head towards the floor again - repeat 5 times.
* Sit upright and face forward and while keeping your lips together, separate your teeth by dropping your jaw and then push your jaw forward, keep for a count of 10, bring back to starting position and repeat 5 times.
* Chewing sugar-free gum is a great way to help maintain good hygiene and stave off a double chin. Keeping your jaw and facial muscles moving and working is the key to preventing the build up of excess fat and loose skin. The muscles in your face responsible for keeping your jaw line tight are the same muscles that you use to chew and make facial expressions—chewing gum and making facial expressions will help retain that jaw line.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!