- 2 oz solid fat -such as Crisco (really), Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter or lanolin
- 5 oz oil -use your Calendula oil for Diaper Rash, etc., try Chamomile for face or body cream, plain Almond, olive, or any other non-drying oil is fine
- 2 oz distilled water -try rose or Orange flower water from a middle eastern grocery store, or plain distilled water is fine
- 1 tsp (approximately) Beeswax -shave or grate before use
- 3-5 drops essential oil, if desired for fragrance or effect
Gently melt solid fat, wax and oil over double boiler or carefully in microwave; use low heat and stir until blended. Remove from heat.
Put water into blender or mixer bowl and agitate. While water is spinning, slowly pour the oil, fat, wax mixture into the water. Continue mixing until emulsified. You may notice a distinct change of sound as the cream congeals. Remove cream, while still warm, into clean containers and leave open until completely cool. Label each jar with contents and date, be sure to note date your herbal oil was made if it is much older than your cream.
Store in a cool, dark place; should stay fresh for a year or so. Sniff before using and look for mold after 6 months. If the oil and water separate, just stir before using.
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
For additional support and answers you need to improve your health, we have a qualified team of experts who personally supervise our popular Ask Our Experts service!
Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural Supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk Herbs, Spices, Teas and single oils!
Are you looking for quality Vitamins, diet aids and health Supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Last 5 posts in Beauty & Skin Care
- Herbs to Help Skin, Hair and Nails - May 3rd, 2008
- Men and Acne - February 9th, 2008
- Beauty Pure and Simple - December 30th, 2007
- Tips for Gorgeous Hair That Won't Cost a Dime - December 15th, 2007
- Frownies Facial Pads - Address Deep Expression Lines - December 10th, 2007
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!