Aromatherapy: a Great Natural Remedy for Anxiety
Contrary to popular belief, true aromatherapy is not merely the use of scents to alter mood. It is the use of fragrant essential oils to treat a variety of ailments. And one of the most frequent uses of aromatherapy is in the fight against stress and anxiety.
Aromatherapy is ideal for anxiety sufferers who are apprehensive about using prescription drugs. While aromatherapy alone won’t cure acute anxiety, it can provide temporary relief. It also works well for those who do not have clinical anxiety but are suffering from unusual amounts of stress.
There are several essential oils that are effective in the treatment of anxiety. These include:
* Lavender – This is one of the most popular aromatherapy oils. Its scent is very pleasant, and it works as a sedative. Lavender oil is found in many commercial products, including baby washes and lotions.
* Vanilla – This is another scent that many people love, and it also has a nice, calming effect.
How to Use Aromatherapy
For quick results, you can just take a whiff of any of the above essential oils. This can help you calm down when facing a panic attack or an intensely stressful situation. But there are several other ways that we can use aromatherapy to help us relax. These include:
* Diffusers and aroma lamps – If you want to allow your entire family to take advantage of the effects of aromatherapy, a diffuser or aroma lamp will scent your home with your favorite essential oil. These are great to use around bedtime to help everyone unwind.
* Baths – A nice, warm bath is a great way to reduce tension. Aromatherapy makes it even better. Add five or six drops of a soothing essential oil to your water for a relaxing bath.
* Massages – A massage can help loosen tense muscles and improve brain chemistry to ward off anxiety. Aromatherapy oils can be used to make massage oils to maximize the benefit. Just add ten drops of the essential oil to an ounce of a carrier oil appropriate for your skin type.
As long as they are properly diluted before using on the skin, essential oils are very safe. Some may cause reactions in sensitive persons, but most people tolerate them well. So the next time you experience anxiety, try a soothing scented oil. You might be surprised at how well it works.
PureCalm is a natural, safe and effective liquid herbal formula that works quickly to eliminate symptoms of tension, anxiety, stress, panic attacks and irritability. PureCalm helps maintain balanced emotions during everyday pressure, stress and common nervous tension.
Created by a clinical psychologist, this remedy is pharmaceutically manufactured to the highest standards, combining the soothing properties of Lemon Balm with those of Lavender and Passion Flower, to bring you relief within minutes! For those who suffer from chronic anxiety, PTSD and/or severe panic attacks, combine PureCalm with MindSoothe for effective long-term reduction of your symptoms.
Free PDF Health Ebook...