Anabolic Steroid Depression – Treatment
Most of us have heard about athletes and sports persons using anabolic steroids to enhance performance. The media has often highlighted the increase in performance that these steroids can provide. The dangerous side effects that these anabolic steroids can cause remain unsaid.
Anabolic steroids work by increasing the testosterone levels in a body. This hormone testosterone is responsible for masculine traits in an individual.
But it is now argued that instead of curing depression, they actually caused it.
Abusive use of anabolic steroids usually starts with a desire for enhanced performance, better muscles or improved physical appearance. But it almost always ends with side effects that have serious repercussions.
The therapeutic benefits of anabolic steroids are overshadowed by the side effects that accompany it. More than recommended amounts of anabolic steroids can cause issues with the mental health of an individual. Stopping the steroids immediately can also result in a fair number of withdrawal symptoms. People on anabolic steroids go through various phases.
1. Initially the drug causes feelings of elation. It enhances energy and confidence. Fatigue is eliminated and toleration to pain increases. At the same time it gives rise to increased intolerance, irritability and aggressiveness.
2. Prolonged use leads to further boldness and loss of reasoning ability. This leads to delusions and abrupt mood swings.
3. The aggressiveness often leads to anti social activities, sometimes resulting in criminal activities like murders.
4. On discontinuation the dosage, the user misses the exuberance and confidence and that leads to depression
Depression caused by anabolic androgenic steroids is no different from other types of depression. The mainstream treatment focuses on rehabilitation in which, natural remedies for depression play a significant role. Drug induced depression should necessarily be treated naturally.
The process of treating depression naturally involves various aspects.
1. Diet – A diet rich in B-complex vitamins and magnesium is recommended.
2. Self help – Forming a group and sharing experiences can provide a cathartic effect.
3. Counseling – A psychologist can enable the process of understanding the causes of depression.
4. Exercise – Yogic, aquatic or aerobic workouts can help in channeling energy and creating an exuberant state of mind.
5. Expressive therapies – Drawing, painting or sculpting help in providing an outlet for emotions which are bottled up.
MindSoothe is a specially formulated herbal remedy that has been successfully used in the treatment of Depression, Insomnia, OCD, SAD, Panic Disorder, and Anxiety. Being natural, with no artificial preservatives, MindSoothe is safe for adults and children (also see MindSootheJr. for children), is non-addictive and has NO SIDE EFFECTS.
It has become the formula of choice by thousands of satisfied customers around the world for treating depression, insomnia, anxiety, ODD and more. MindSoothe is pharmaceutically manufactured to the highest standards and was formulated by a Clinical Psychologist.
http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/aug19/corrigan/corrigan.htmlEnrich your life and the lives of others by learning Aromatherapy, Reflexology or Color/Crystal Therapy at the Alternative Healing Academy! Convenient and easy-to-handle payment plans are available!
Free Health Ebook For You... Remedies4.com!