Tired of spending a fortune on eye creams? This recipe is great for tired,puffy, or irritated eyes - or just for day-to-day makeup removal.
This exquisite formula is very popular; as a matter of fact, I just made 24 jars of cream for my dear friend Maria. The blue chamomile essential oil is expensive (approximately $50 for 1/2 ounce). It’s high in azulene - an antiinflammatory agent extracted from chamomile flowers - and it’s very soothing to the delicate area around the eye.
It’s not crucial for the recipe, but a great addition when you can afford the indulgence. if you are allergic to chamomile tea, leave it out.
* 1/2 cup fresh violet flowers
* 1/2 cup fresh violet leaves
* 1 1/4 cups of almond oil
* 1/2 cup fresh horsetail
* 2 tablespoons beeswax
* 10 drops vitamin E oil
* 10 drops blue chamomile eo-optional
1. Gather the violet leaves and flowers and place them on a towel to wilt overnight.
2. In a double boiler, steep the leaves, petals, and horsetail in oil over low heat for 5 hours.
3. Grate the beeswax or cut into small pieces.
4. Strain the plant material from the oil completely.
5. Pour the oil back into the double boiler, adding the grated beeswax.
6. Melt the beeswax into the oil completely, then remove from heat.
7. Quickly add the vitamin E and blue chamomile oils.
8. Pour into dainty 1/4-ounce (7-g) containers or jars.
Kalyx Natural Herbs & Oils is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Originally posted 2006-10-27 11:23:04. We hope you have enjoyed this Post From the Past!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!