An Antiseptic salve that aids in speedy healing and helps to prevent scarring. Use on minor cuts and other skin problems.
- 2 stainless steel 1/2 quart pans or 1 cup size.
- 10 one ounce tins.
- 1/8 oz Goldenseal Root Powder
- 1/4 oz Asian Yellow Ginger Powder (Absolutely Necessary)
- 10 fresh crushed Cloves
- 1/4 oz powdered Myrrh
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- 1/8 oz powdered Comfrey Leaf
- 8 to 10 oz. petroleum jelly or Beeswax
Place oil in pan and set on very low heat. When it’s near hot-add Goldenseal. Stir well then add Cloves. Continue stirring. Let the mixture set on very low heat for 5 minutes. Place petroleum jelly in a second pan and heat it at medium until hot (but not close to smoking). (A drop of water will pop and spatter across the surface when ready.)
When hot - add Myrrh. Stir well (remember to check on first pan-it shouldn’t cool too much). Let Myrrh heat in very hot oil for 10 minutes or longer (preferably15 to 20) at low heat. Add Ginger. Let heat for 5 minutes and add Comfrey leaf powder. Stir well.
Add oil from first pan to the second. Stir and strain the entire mixture into either the first pan or another container. Now you are ready to fill your tins.
Salve will set up and be ready to use in a couple of days.
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
For additional support and answers you need to improve your health, we have a qualified team of experts who personally supervise our popular Ask Our Experts service!
NaturalEco Organics is where we recommend you go for Organic, natural, chemical-free products and quality remedies for a safe, healthy journey for Mom and Baby, from Pregnancy to baby’s Nursery!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where NHH recommends you purchase all of your bulk Herbs, Spices, Teas and single oils!
Are you looking for quality Vitamins, diet aids and health Supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Last 5 posts in Herbal Recipes
- Delicious Homemade Yogi Tea Recipe - November 5th, 2007
- Herbal Back Pain Tincture Recipe - October 26th, 2007
- Ginger-Apple Anti-Viral Tea - October 22nd, 2007
- Traditional Herbal Blood Tonic Recipe Revealed by Medical Herbalist - October 17th, 2007
- Herbal Healing Recipes - October 12th, 2007
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!