Most headaches result from tension. Tension produces pain in the neck and shoulders resulting in constriction of the blood vessels and blood circulation resulting in headaches. Stress, guilt, fear, anger, depression, and rage are all contributing factors to tension headaches.
Underlying health problems can also result in headaches. Everything from sinusitis to nutritional imbalance, spinal misalignment to PMS, poor circulation to TMJ are all culprits. Food allergies and additives, cigarette smoke, air pollutants, poor ventilation, certain drugs, chemicals, and overexposure to sun are also factors. Proper diagnosis of the particular headache makes treatment much more specific and easier to diagnose.
Migraines are the result in an abnormal flow of blood to the brain. Pain can last for several hours to several days. Migraines are frequently related to food and environmental allergies. They may also be brought on by poor circulation, chemical sensitivities, changes in humidity, stress or underlying illness. If you get frequent or unusually severe headaches, medical attention must be sought.
Typically, migraines bring severe, one-sided throbbing pain (in 40 percent of cases, however, the pain occurs on both sides). Often this is accompanied by nausea and vomiting and perhaps tremor and dizziness. Some people also experience premigraine warning symptoms, including blurred vision, “floating” visual images, and numbness in an arm or leg.
Water is essential in any healing process. Distilled water is the best. 6-8 eight ounces glasses per day.
* Be aware of your caffeine intake. If you don’t get your daily dosage of caffeine, your blood vessels will dilate, possibly giving you a headache. Too much caffeine will also give you a headache, so try to limit yourself to two cups of coffee a day.
* Don’t chew gum. The repetitive chewing motion can tighten muscles and bring on a tension headache.
* High salt intake can trigger migraines in some people.
* Skipping or delaying meals can cause headaches two ways. A missed meal can cause muscle tension, and, when blood sugar drops from lack of food, the blood vessels of the brain tighten.
* When you eat again, they expand, leading to headache. Eating more smaller meals often helps as a preventative measure.
* Milk can sometimes be a culprit.
* Hot dogs, like luncheon and other cured meats, contain nitrates. Nitrates dilate blood vessels, which can cause head pain. Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is often not absorbed well into the human system and can cause throbbing headaches. This ingredient is often found in Chinese food. Chocolate contains tyramine, a chief suspect in causing headaches. Often, many people outgrow this chemical reaction to tyramine. The body appears to build up a tolerance for it at a young age. Also, nuts and some aged cheeses both contain tyramine.
* Smoking can cause headaches. You should not smoke, period.
* Carbon monoxide gas appears to adversely affect brain blood flow.
* Alcoholic drinks can cause headaches. Also, some liquors contain tyramine.
MANAGING YOUR HEADACHE
* Sleep. A lot of people sleep a headache off, but don’t oversleep. It is not recommended that you nap. While a nap may rid you of an existing headache, you don’t want to nap if you’re headache-free. Napping can actually cause migraines to those who are PRONE to them.
* Sleeping in an awkward position, or even on your stomach, can cause the muscles in your neck to contract and trigger a headache. Sleeping on your back or in a fetile position helps. Posture also plays a role.
* Stand tall, sit straight. Avoid leaning or pushing your head in one direction.
* Heat and Cold. Some people like the feeling of cold against their foreheads or necks and for them it seems to help. An ice pack applied to the areas of the head, neck, back or shoulders will often relieve the burning sensation of headaches. Others prefer hot showers or putting heat on their head, shoulder blades or necks. The idea is to find what works best for your type of headache.
* Deep breathing is a great tension reliever. Take note: you’re doing it right if your stomach is moving more than your chest. Check yourself for signs that you are tensing up and inviting headache clenched teeth, clenched fists, hunched shoulders.
* Learn biofeedback. Studies have proven it effective for both tension headaches and migraines. Use your hands. Both self-massage and acupressure can help. Two key points for reducing pain with acupressure are the web between your forefinger and thumb (squeeze there until you feel pain) and under the bony ridges at the back of the neck (use both thumbs to apply pressure there). Excessive noise is a common trigger for tension headaches.
* Protect your eyes from the sun, fluorescent lighting, television, or a video display terminal can lead to squinting, eyestrain, and, finally, headache. Sunglasses are a good idea if you’re going to be outside. If you’re working inside, take some rest breaks from the computer screen and also wear some type of tinted glasses.
Crystals have both piezoelectric and pyroelectric properties. This means that the polarities of the crystal will change when subjected to pressure or heat (even body heat from the hands).
This will radiate energy from the crystal due to this reversal of polarities. It provides the transfer, storage and transformation of energy. Offering a balanced energy field, energy modification, amplifies both energy and thought, clarity in thinking, and harmony and alignment with the chakra energy areas.
Amethyst, Cat’s Eye, Charoite, Dioptase, Lizard Stone Jasper, Jet, Cherry Opal, Sugilite, Sheet Topaz, Turquoise.
Translucent, purple/lavendar Qtz. Psychicness, imagery, mind quieting. Wear when sleeping or when awake to reduce anger, impatience, and nightmares. Brow + Crown Chakra. Headaches, eyes, scalp/hair, pituitary, pineal, bloodsugar balance. Especially helps sobriety; alcohol/food/sex/other addictions.
Famous ancient detoxicifier (especially helped with poisons, alcohol). Dream recall. Stone of spirituality, contentment, meditation. Provides common sense, flexibility in decisions.
Translucent Gold or Green Cat’s Eye (often confused with qtz. Tiger’s Eye, but rarer). Usually clear, green or green/brown, nongreasy. For acquiring more prosperity. Confidence, self-pride, healing. Amplifies other gems Some are irradiated to turn green- trust your feeling with each stone.
Purple, solid. Newly coming into greater use. Works with Indigo & violet Chakra to transmute/lift us out of emotions, fear. Seeing old patterns with new possibilities. Opens heart, inspiration, service, seeing clearly (mentally, physically, psychically), faster healing. Some find useful also for entity release work and alcohol/liver detoxification.
Tiny deep blue-green silicate crystals. Its powerful green reaches deep into the Heart Chakra to release and heal sadness, heartache, abuse, neglect…Converts loss (recent/childhood) into self-love. Empowers heart with new depth, strength, healthiness, courage, ability to love deeply, unconditionally. Connects emotional heart with spiritual heart to receive abundance.
Promotes genuineness, sincerity, emotional balance, self-worth, deep well-being. Central Nervous System, lungs, heart, blood pressure, stress. Can send healing deep into the earth.
Chalcedony qtz. Multicolored, solid. Yellow, orange, brown, green. Yellow for stomach, intestines, liver, spleen areas. earthy grounding. Green: Respiratory/Heart Chakra. General tissue regeneration; mineral assimilation; general healing. Darker colors: more grounding.
Suggested to be used for elixirs because it will not over-stimulate any part of the body. Considered more effective if it is used for long periods of time because it works slowly. It is a methodical and meticulous worker.
Each color of Jasper has additional specific qualities when used alone. Jasper works well in conjunction with Opals. Recommended for executives as an aid to quick thinking. Also helps them endure stress.
A fossilized organic matter used as a healing stone. A form of petrified wood similar to coal, though much harder. Has absorbing qualities. Helps draw out negative energy. Especially useful for people who have unreasonable fears that limit their lives. Helps control mood swings and fights deep depression.
Recommended for stimulating psychic experience and guiding one in the quest for spiritual enlightenment. If worn, it should be set in silver.
Sugilite: “Lavulite/Royal Azele”
Solid, violet pink to purple. Psychism. Gets you in touch with your Spiritual Guides. Important healer’s stone used to gently draw out pain (headaches too), inflammation, stress, dis-ease, toxins, emotional blocks. Protects; Absorbs and dissolves anger, hurt, unwanted energies. Is placed on Brow to alleviate depression/despair, stress.
Brings spirit/light into physical body and heart for healing. Balances adrenal, pineal, pituitary, Lt/Rt brain. Peace of mind, well being, spiritual love.
The stone of “true love and success in all endeavors”. It can be used to manifest health and correct disorders within the body. They promote understanding, compassion, kindness and empathy. They open and heal the hearts of those who have closed them while also protecting the open-hearted from too much pain. Instrumental in visualizations for healing and attracting in meditation and projection.
Helps one to creatively change personal world, enhance awareness, expansiveness and manifestation.
Lt blue/blue-green. A good general healer for all illnesses and excellent conductor (high copper). Speech enhancer, Friendship, Communication, Healing. This gentle, cool, soothing stone is a Native American classic. It opens the Throat Chakra, for open communication, creativity, serenity, spiritual bonding, upliftment; Opens the Heart Chakra for giving/receiving. Symbolizes our source (spirit/sky) and spiritual love for healing, help. On brow: Psychic connection to great spirit. Strengthens and aligns all meridians, chakras, and energy fields.
Like amethyst, it protects and detoxes from alcohol, poison, pollution, x-ray/sun radiation. Ancient absorber of “negativity”; protection from “evil eye.” Brings wisdom.
Helps anorexia, headache, fear, etc. Throat, lungs, asthma, infections, teeth, TMJ, hearing, high blood pressure, creativity block, depression. Dull, paler, weaker. Works well with Chrysocolla, best with Silver. Used for healing on every continent! Androgynous, balances yin/yang. Fades in sunlight, sweat, oil, dishwater…Avoid bleach/chlorine!
Quartz Technique and Headaches
Special technique for headaches, using quartz crystal can be very useful. Most pain needs energy to repair itself. Headaches are due to too much energy in the head. Energy flows in and out of the head through the Brow and Crown Chakra. When blockage occurs, usually this is emotionally related, the energy cannot be released and the excess pressure causes pain. Excess energy needs to be removed.
* Place a quartz crystal point in your dominant hand with the point upward.
* Place this hand with the crystal on the Solar Plexus Chakra. Placethe other hand on the headache pain.
* This energy transfer from the head to the energy center of the Solar Plexus can take up to 30 minutes.
* Through this process, allow your body to breath deeply with your eyes closed.
* The energy transferred to the Solar Plexus actually balances the whole entire body sytem, ridding the head of the pain.
About the author
Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac. http://www.Peacefulmind.com – Alternative medicine and therapies for healing mind, body & spirit!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life – Micro-Nutriments – The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop – highly recommended by NHH!
Originally posted 2006-07-13 10:03:24.
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!