Given the rising costs of aroma sprays, spritzers, misters, and other olfactory delights, it is now becoming clearer that making your own is not only cheaper, but more fun! This simple formula will help you create a delightful aroma-therapeutic spray in just under a few minutes.
With the recent popularity in aromatherapy and related products falling under the guise of aromatherapy, we felt it was time to share some of the basics involved with preparing the easily crafted aroma spray. Most aroma sprays typically cost around $9-12.00 for a small 1 to 4 ounce bottle.
From experience we can tell you that most of those dollars were used for packaging, marketing, labor, advertising, etc, and very little went into the raw goods. In fact, making your own blends is very economical, and you can customer create blends for yourself, your friends and family.
First, create a list of your favorite essential oils, or those oils that you think may combine well together. Be certain that you are aware of any potential hazards or precautions involved with those oils first before using them. See our Essential Oil Guide below if you need a few ideas to get you started.
1. Mix your choice of oils in a small glass container, bottle or vial.
2. Use a separate 8 ounce glass or plastic bottle (or other container), and fill it up with 7 ounces of spring water, and 1 ounce of Witch Hazel extract (alcohol distilled). You may also substitute a Hydrosol (flower water) for some or all of the spring water. Hydrosols add their own aroma and have therapeutic properties.
3. Pour 1 ml of your essential oil blend into the 8 ounce container and shake vigorously.
4. The oils may separate a little bit, but if the Witch Hazel extract is doing its job, there should be very little separation. If this occurs, simply shake well before each use.
5. Pour into bottles and attach a mister or spray pump. We especially recommend using a colored glass bottle, such as amber or cobalt, as they will help prevent from light deterioration.
6. Get creative with the packaging! Add ribbons, yarn, twine, fresh or dried herbs, or other embellishments, and make your own labels from handmade or decorative papers. Draw on the labels, use rubber stamps, or use clipart images.
Please note that the above recipe is completely arbitrary, and the amount and types of essential oil you use is completely up to you. Experimenting with a recipe is the most enjoyable part of creation!
Check out Mountain Rose Herbs for quality, organic herbs and oils!
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Free PDF Health Ebook of the Day Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!