Aromatherapy has become a widely used term. But how well do you really know your scents and the effects they have on your emotions, mind and body? Take this quiz to find out how much you know about this ever-growing trend in natural healing.
1. You feel the need of a little morning boost to get you going. What scented lotion will help to get you on your feet?
2. You find yourself feeling a little down and sad. What essential oil can help with these emotions?
3. You tend to feel tired in the afternoon hours. Which aroma can help you to feel energized?
4. You wake in the night and have difficulty getting back to sleep. What scented oil will have a calming effect?
5. You have a temper that tends to flare up on occasion. Which of these oils will help to soothe your psyche?
6. You tend to be shy in social situations. Which scented cologne can help with your shyness?
7. You tend to overeat when the option presents itself. Which aroma can aid as an appetite suppressant?
8. You often feel anxious and overwhelmed. Which scent can aid in reducing anxiety?
9. You sleep lightly and often wake tired. Which oil can be utilized as a sleep aid?
1. C � sandalwood helps lower fatigue levels and aids in boosting immunity.
2. C & D � sweet orange and bergamot can help to balance mood swings
3. B & D � Both lemon and peppermint help to rejuvenate mind, body and soul.
4. A, B, C & D � All of these essential oils are known to have a calming effect.
5. C � Oatmeal can soften the temper as well as your skin.
6. C � Jasmine can boost confidence by aiding relaxation in social situations.
7. C � Grapefruit oil can help those who tend to overeat.
8. A & D � ylang ylang and lemon can help reduce stress and tension.
9. B & D � Clary sage and Rose can aid in achieving a deeper sleep.
10. A,B,C & D � These scents are all considered aphrodisiacs.
8-10 correct: Aroma Savvy
Congratulations! You know your scents. You are on your way to becoming a true Aroma Pro.
5-7 correct: Aroma Friendly
Very Well Done! You know some scents and their uses, but you could use a refresher course.
0-4 correct: Aroma Newbie
Nice Try! You may be new to the topic of aromatherapy. There are many great ways to learn more about these wonderful scents and their uses.
About the author
Elizabeth Smith is Editorial Assistant of Promotions and Partnerships at ModernSage. She is also the owner of gift basket business, Crafty Gift Creations.
Kalyx Natural Herbs & Oils is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life - Micro-Nutriments - The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop - highly recommended by NHH!
Originally posted 2006-07-11 10:32:22. We hope you have enjoyed this Post From the Past!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!