My ‘Finding Inspiration’ series was written out of a need that comes up in my practice, most often in Spring and Fall. I feel we all need a bit of enlightenment now and then to help us move forward. Finding motivation through inspiration can be the spark which sets you on your way!
Spring is here. What better time to take advantage of the power of our sense of smell!
We can find great inspiration through the power of our olfactory senses. Spring time is the season of renewal, where flowers blossom, all green things grow and people feel a renewal of energy within themselves. People even begin to wear lighter colored clothing to “match” the environment around them. Seek your inspiration in the scent of fresh flowers filling the air, as well as the bloom of green herbs. Take advantage of these natural riches.
Utilize the Essence of Aromatherapy
Once you understand the purpose of why essential oils exist, you will want them in your life forever. They represent life itself, the source of all healing. My wish is that you will share them with a friend, and let them experience some of your oils.
Essential Oils work on several different levels. They affect most people through the sense of smell. The sense of smell is the most complexed and the sensitive of the five senses.
Once the Olfactory receptors identify an aroma, nerve cells relay this information directly to the Limbic system of the brain. Here, aromas can trigger memories and influence behavior. Additionally, the Limbic system works in conjunction with the pituitary gland and the Hypothalamus region of the brain to regulate the hormonal activities thus triggering the production of hormones that govern appetite, body temperature, insulin production, overall metabolism, stress levels, sex drive, and conscious thought and reactions. The Limbic system also influences immunity. Essential oils can have a positive affect on all these functions.
Essential oils are used in a variety of ways.
* You can inhale them directly from the bottle.
* You can use them for skin care, hair care, and body care, as well as, for many beauty purposes.
* Personal hygiene, aromatherapy baths, foot baths.
* Giving and receiving aromatherapy massages.
* Inhaling aromatherapy oil blends to relieve congestion, clear your head and make breathing easier.
* You can also make wonderful fragrances with essential oils.
* Aromatherapy can prevent or ease an assortment of ailments. Essential oils boost the immune system.
* You can treat aches, pains, injuries, with essential oils.
* Aromatherapy can help reduce stress, lift depression, restore emotional well-being.
* You can disperse essential oils through the air in your home or office to increase productivity or alter moods.
Andrew Pacholyk. MS, L.Ac. – Peacefulmind.com – Therapies for healing mind, body, spirit
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life – Micro-Nutriments – The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop – highly recommended by NHH!
Originally posted 2007-04-19 10:02:45.
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!