Those turning to alternative medicine do so for a number of reasons, but stress relief and anxiety disorders rank perhaps highest. Busy entrepreneurs eat unhealthy meals, keep impossible schedules, burn the candle at both end, and do not sleep nearly enough to get even a small percentage of the rest they so desperately need.
As a direct result of this rather destructive lifestyle is the ever increasing need for dangerous sleep aids to help them fall asleep and over the counter remedies to help them get up and get going the next day. Pile on the fast food, and obesity, an increased risk for heart disease, and of course a shortened life expectancy is all that the individual has to show for their drive to do more.
Those who recognize that they are caught in a business trap that includes unhealthy lifestyle choices and a stressful profession know that it is high time to make some sweeping changes. Where should they start? The good news is that alternative medicine might be just what the holistic doctor ordered!
* Aromatherapy is safe and has no known side effects. This in itself makes it a premier ingredient in a much needed lifestyle change. Relying chiefly on liquid plant oils – they are usually called essential oils – the use of flora to affect overall mood and health changes is well documented and has been for many centuries.
* Rediscovered in the Western world in the beginning of the 1920s, there now is an exhaustive body of written scientific evidence that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that essential oils affect the way a patient feels.
* Aromatherapy in alternative medicine is a discipline that can be practices by the individual at home, under the guidance of a knowledgeable healer. First and foremost, the healer can suggest a couple of training sessions which allow for a rudimentary education in the available essential oils, their functions, and of course the best way to use them.
* Some essential oils may be used as a scent that permeates a living space or an office, while others are used in a soothing bubble bath. While the former use allows for the essential oils to be inhaled and thus permeates the lungs and therefore the bloodstream, the latter means permits for absorption through the skin.
* Alternative medicine practitioners like to combine essential oils with deep tissue, whole body massages. In some cases they might even vary the essential oils they apply to the various parts of the body in an effort to soothe and revitalize tired muscle groups. To this end it is crucial that you let your alternative medicine practitioner know if you are taking any prescription drugs, over the counter medicines, or even just plain dietary supplements.
Aromatherapy is a safe treatment that falls under the auspices of alternative medicine and it has been proven to make a huge difference in the lives of so many patients who simply swear by the scents and soothing essential oils.
Even scoffers have to admit that the sensory sensation associated with smell evokes some of the emotionally strongest reactions possible, and using them for a patient’s overall betterment of health is a powerful tool indeed.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life – Micro-Nutriments – The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop – highly recommended by NHH!
Originally posted 2009-02-09 10:25:26.
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!