Candida is a type of fungus (also called yeast), and is only one of a huge number of micro-organisms that exist in a human body. Normally, in a healthy body, Candida does not cause any problem.
However, when the bio-balance is upset by factors such as unhealthy lifestyle, stress, excessive consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrate, chronic use of medications such as anti-biotics, cortisone, the pill, etc, then one finds an overgrowth of Candida in the body.
This can result in toxins being released into the bloodstream and can have many adverse effects on the functioning of the body. The immune system is unable to cope with the continuous release of toxins into the body, leading to dis-ease.
Symptoms of Candida Albicans
Symptoms can include depression, mood swings, sinusitis, headaches, chronic fatigue, joint pain, stomach pain, indigestion, vaginal thrush and other fungal infections, skin rashes and eczema, etc.
Controlling Candida Albicans
Fortunately, Candida can be controlled by means of a balanced diet and by the elimination of certain foods in order to create an internal environment in which the yeast cannot survive.
An initial detox diet, along with our Candidate formula, will ensure that the levels of systemic Candida are significantly reduced. Thereafter, a maintenance program should be followed to keep Candida permanently at bay.
Remember that Candida thrives on all sugars and refined carbohydrates and it is only by controlling your intake of these foods that you will beat systemic Candida.
By following this diet, you will not only be able to control Candida levels in your body, but you will also be amazed at the amount of energy you have. Your skin will clear, your eyes will sparkle and you will even lose weight, despite the fact that you need never go hungry!
Many people find that the Candida diet helps to clear joint and back pain, balance sugar levels and blood pressure, control cholesterol and relieve symptoms of depression – all without medication! This is because by reducing Candida overgrowth in the body, the immune system is able to function properly for the first time in years, allowing the body to heal itself!
Some Important Points
When following the Candida diet, you must make sure that your blood sugar levels are kept at an acceptable level by eating a substantial breakfast, lunch and supper. If you find that your energy level is low or you are experiencing dizziness while on the diet, it is probably due to low blood sugar. If this happens, simply add a mid-morning and mid afternoon snack.
Please remember to drink lots of water in order to assist the elimination of toxins from your body. After a few days of detoxing, some of your symptoms may become worse and you could also experience headaches. This is quite normal and part of the detoxification process.
It will improve after a few days and you will begin to feel healthier than you have felt for years! The Candida diet should be followed for 4 weeks, followed by a maintenance program as outlined.
You may not use sugar in any form – this includes sucrose (cane sugar), gluscose and fructose (fruit sugar). Lactose (milk sugar) to be kept to a minimum.
* Rye Vita (contains no yeast)
* Chicken, fish, meat
* Rye Bread (no yeast or wheat) roasted/grilled or steamed)
* Rice cakes Sunflower/olive oil
* Rice, potato or rye flour 30ml lemon juice
* Corn or soya flour all veggies fresh or frozen – no tinned food
* Oats, maize (corn) meal, maltabella Avocado pears
* Dairy-milk 125ml per day Sweet / normal potatoes
* Plain Bulgarian yoghurt-125ml (no sugar!) Brown rice (no white rice)
* Low fat cottage cheese (no sugar!) Onions / garlic (unless sensitive)
* Soya / Rice milk Walnuts, cashews, hazel,
* Ricotta cheese pecan, coconut & macadamia
* Popcorn (homemade), plain chips (no MSG
* One fruit per day (no melons & Herbal teas eg Rooibos
* grapes) Make sure that fruit is not bruised. Lipton herbal teas
* Herbs Mineral water
* Tomatoes Artificial sweeteners eg. Advantage
Foods allowed weekly (only one item of each)
* Wholewheat pasta 1 rice cake with carob or yogurt topping
* Wheatbix (sugar free), tomato paste
* (if no wheat allergy is prevalent)
* Soft goat cheeses e.g. Camembert, feta or goat
Foods allowed twice a week (only one item of each)
* Tinned tuna or Salmon in spring water Spices eg. curries, chillies (avoid if allergic)
Foods to Avoid
* Anything containing yeast Pickled, smoked or processed meat,
* fish (including cold meats, & vacuum packed foods)
* Breads, marmite provita, Bovril etc
* White wheat flour or pastry flour,
* Gluten flour, flake cereals, semolina,
* Cream of wheat, pasta – white All vinegars and vinegar products (chutney,mayonnaise, salad dressing etc)
* Cheese, fermented or processed eg. Cheddars, feta from dairy or other hard cheeses
* All forms of alcohol
* Fruits – melons or grapes or any fruit and vegetables that shown any signsof bruising or mould Honey and other natural sweeteners
* Mushrooms Sugar and anything containing sugar
* Peanuts, peanut butter and pistachio All teas and coffees, except herbal teas
* All fruit juices (drink still mineral water instead)
Typical Meals would include (omit foods your are allergic to. East as much as you want)
* 1 Fruit
* Porridge – Oats, maltabella (regular) or
* Mealie (corn) meal. Rice cereal (infant food)
* Rye vita / yeast free bread / rice cakes Avo / cottage cheese / egg / tomato
LUNCH / DINNERS
* Salads eg. potatoes, greens, rice, beans
* (include as many different ingredients as possible)
* Meat, fish, chicken (roasted / grilled / steamed)
* Lentils, pulses, legumes-soups, bakes, etc
* All vegetables-steamed and to include
* pumpkin, squash, butternut
* potato-baked, boiled or chips
* brown rice
* salads/stir fries/soups-chicken & veggie
* soup may be frozen & reheated
* yeast free bread/rye vita/rice cakes
* Avocado / tomato / cottage cheese / tuna / cold
After the initial four weeks detox, you can slowly re-introduce foods from the ”Foods to avoid list”, but, please remember to use them in moderation.
The foods to continue avoiding, or using with caution are: sugars, white flour, fruit juices, dried fruits, prepared breakfast flakes including muesli, alcohol, vinegar and foods containing yeast.
Related Natural Product
Candidate is a natural, safe, effective and powerful herbal formula especially designed to treat Candida overgrowth, prevent topical Candida infections such as thrush and promote the growth of healthy probiotic flora in the digestive tract, thereby achieving lasting control of Candidiasis.
Use this remedy to treat Candidiasis and systemic yeast infections; eliminate excessive Candida overgrowth in the digestive tract; prevent recurring thrush, Athletes Foot, Dobey’s Itch and other yeast infections; encourage digestive and intestinal health; regain lost energy caused by Candida overgrowth; relieve digestive disorders; reduce sugar cravings related to Candidiasis; help to lose stubborn weight.
Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine, Candidate is pharmaceutically manufactured to the highest standards.
Fill out the form below to receive our free natural health newsletter. It's filled with practical tips, health alerts & more!
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course FREE!!