Anger is the feeling we experience when events in our world are not going according to our plans. Anger is one of the most common and destructive delusions affecting our minds. Because it is based on an exaggeration, anger is an expression of our belief system and how we defend it.
It’s as if we have an inner idea of how things, events and people should be for us. When we get angry and either feel frustrated or try to change them, we tend to give away our power! Many of us remain a victim to our tempers all of our lives. In essence, anger is the feeling we get when we want to control the world around us.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, anger is most prevalent in the Spring. It is considered the emotion of Spring. Although we can and do experience anger at any time or season, it is Spring when we are most easily angered. This is believed to be due to the changes of light and dark and the balance between them.
It is very important to identify the actual cause of whatever unhappiness we feel. If we are forever blaming our difficulties on others, this is a sure sign that there are still many problems and faults within our own mind.
If we were truly peaceful inside and had our mind under control, difficult people or circumstances would not be able to disturb this peace, and so we would feel no compulsion to blame anyone or regard them as our enemy. To someone who has subdued his or her mind and eradicated the last trace of anger, all beings are friends.
Techniques for Managing Anger
1. The first step towards managing anger, is to identify which attitudes and convictions that many predispose us to being excessively angry in the first place! Once these beliefs have been identified, it is important to take steps to understand and correct them, if need be.
2. The second step is to realize that anger is a natural human emotion and it is not the emotion of anger that tends to be a problem. The problem is the mismanagement of our anger. Mismanaged anger and rage are the major cause of conflicts in our lives. This mismanagement often has roots from our childhood that prevents us from expressing our anger as appropriately as we should.
These factors include fear, denial, ignorance and impatience. These factors can derail the appropriate management of our anger towards others. Learning to understand and change these factors in ourselves, will allow us to express our suppressed anger in a more appropriate way.
3. The third step is learning the appropriate ways of expressing our ” honest and legitimate” anger at others so that we can begin to cope more effectively with anger provoking situations as they come up in our lives. When we are anxious or depressed, we are often experiencing the consequences of our suppressed anger.
The problem is that we have suppressed our anger so deeply that we succeeded in concealing it from our own selves! All we are left with is the residual evidence of it, our anxiety or our depression. When we are depressed, very often we are also angry at ourselves without realizing it. Learning to appropriately manage our anger at ourselves is the antidote to much of alcoholism, drugs and sexual abuse.
4. The fourth step in the Anger Management process is to approach anger by taking responsibility for our own reactions and behavior. We can do this by addressing our anger with the following coping techniques:
1. Listen to other people, first: listen carefully to what is being said. Do not have a preconceived opinion before you hear what is being said. Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
2. Think carefully about what you want to say: before you say it. slow down. What is the underlying factor in your anger? Fear, denial, impatience?
3. Be clear about what you are going to express.: Your objective is not to belittle, berate, be sarcastic or attack someone, because their opinion is different than yours.
4. If their statement is pushing your anger button: know why! Try to understand the root of your own anger. Look at why they have formed such an opinion.
5. Express yourself by saying: “I feel angry with (you, them, this situation) because…” Stay calm in the face of your own and the other person’s anger. The worse thing to do if someone is angry toward you is to shout back at them! Be patient and ask questions to get to the heart of problem. Try being carefully assertive, rather than aggressive.
6. Make lifestyle changes. Making small changes in your life can allow you to reap great rewards.
7. Get regular exercise: This can help to prevent the accumulation of tension and will give you regular time away from everyday stress.
9. Change your environment. Find alternatives for situations which add stress to your life. Schedule time to relax and unwind.
10. Learn to express your feelings: either by talking to a friend or by venting feelings in other ways, perhaps creatively through painting, journaling or taking on a new hobby.
Crystals for Anger Management
Moss Agate : Connects one to Nature. Translucent, transparent agate containing inclusions of minerals that look like moss or foliage. Improves ego and self-esteem, emotional balance and strengthens positive personality traits. Allows one to see all the beauty one’s eyes touch.
Amazonite : Solid Lt. Blue/turquoise. Prosperity. Gentle Friendly, calming, soothing; Opens throat, heart, and solar plexus centers for self-expression, artistic creativity, healing. Throat, thyroid, nerve and Brain paths.
Reduces self-damaging behavior, increases straight posture of self-respect, confidence, grace, self-assuredness with communication. Soothes the brain and nervous system. Helps filter information and combines it with natural intuition. Enhances masculine qualities. Good for anyone involved in the arts.
Aventurine : Translucent dark/lt. green quartz. Heals emotional pain/fear/imbalance by dissolving blocks in the heart Chakra. Historically also draws out heat of fevers, inflammation, nervous system, stress. In your bath water, a soft, soothing stone for general healing.
Universal love, truth, prosperity. Aventurine is a green chalcedony that contains small inclusions of one of several shiny minerals which give the stone a glistening effect. The glistening effect of Aventurine is known as aventurescence. The color of the aventurescence depends on the mineral included in the stone.
Mica inclusions give the give the stone a yellowish or silverish glitter or sheen. Goethite and Hematite inclusions give the stone a reddish or grayish glitter or sheen. Fuschite inclusions give the stone a greenish sheen. Healing: Works with lungs, heart, adrenal glands, calming troubled emotions, and sexual organs. Joy, balance, clarity.
Aventurine is often referred to as the all-purpose healer. This means not only that it is considered by many to be good for physical disorders, but that it is healing on all levels. Green is the color of healing, and aventurine, as a member of the quartz family, has a concentrated ability to dissolve blockages.
It’ s a particularly effective crystal for emotional healing and is especially helpful when worn for this purpose or placed on the heart center during chakra balancing. It helps to balance the emotions, and is one of the best stones to wear or carry during stressful periods. It can also be used in crystal layouts when stress is internalized in the solar plexus area.It is also used with stones which have a seemingly more harsh energy.
Chrysocolla / Gem Silica: Solid Lt. blue/blue-green. Gentle, soothing, friendly. Excellent for Heart Chakra; flushes and heals heart blocks (loss, hurt, guilt, fear…) for allowingness, flexibility, self-forgiveness, peace of heart, patience. Keeps one in light, love, and healing daily. On Throat, expressing feelings, verbal and artistic creativity, thyroid. Also, heart bloodsugar, and emotional balance. High conductivity from copper draws out pain, heat (fevers, inflammations, arthritis… ),
Excellent therapeutic assistance for healing loss, incest, other traumas. Cleanses auric field. Dreams and Earth healing.A stone found in shades of blue or green. Mined in Mexico, Zaire, Chile, USSR and US. Resembles Turquoise and its properties are similar to it. Benefits arthritis and other bone diseases as well as the organs of the digestive tract, and ulcers become less problematic.
Relieves hypertension and stressful conditions due to fear or gilt. Helps one feel more comfortable speaking the truth. Help develop personal confidence. Historically used by musicians, perhaps because of its reputation for having healing properties for throat and lungs.
Green Jade : Most common. Very calming to the nervous system. The color green is representative of life or growth. Helps one channel passions in a constructive way, making expressions of love easier.
Malachite : Steady pulsing electromagnetic energy. (High copper content) Malachite and azurite are the same chemical, practically, Copper Carbonate. The only difference is the ordering of the elements in the molecule. On brow: Stimulates physical and psychic vision, concentration.
For heart and solar plexus centers: Stomach, liver, kidney stones, lungs, immune system, radiation, MS, circulation. Powerful healer with azurite or chrysocolla for healing: Releases and draws out pain, inflammation, depression, anger; heals blocks. Protects well by powerfully cleaning the auric field, rapidly absorbing undesirable energies, including: computer, TV, and other radiation, etc.
Place in the 4 corners of a room to cleanse carpet toxins/gases. Clean very frequently — daily if possible! . Often variegated and is one of the basic ores of Copper. Should be used with extreme care because it can amplify negative qualities.
Caution must always be used when wearing it as jewelry. However, Malachite also magnifies the positive, and so it is useful if your mood is definitely on the upswing. It should not be used in healing without careful consideration of who is doing the healing.
It is useful for relaxation and neurological disorders as well as tissue regeneration. It is said to awaken healing qualities and useful in fighting mental illnesses. Said to stimulate the optic nerve, help the pancreas, spleen, parathyroid, and help dyslexia. People living near nuclear power plants should keep pieces of Malachite in their homes, since Malachite may expel plutonium.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where we recommend you purchase all of your organic, wild crafted bulk herbs, spices, teas and pure,organic essential oils!
Would you like to learn the healing art of Aromatherapy, Color/Crystal Therapy or Reflexology? Become an Aromatherapy Practitioner, Color, Crystal Practitioner, or a practitioner of Reflexology through the certification home study and distance-learning courses at Alternative Healing Academy!
Learn more about Xtend-Life – Micro-Nutriments – The elite of natural supplements. Love life, Live Longer!
For Guaranteed, Effective, 100% Natural Herbal Remedies , please visit Native Remedies
Are you looking for quality vitamins, diet aids and health supplements? Visit the Health Supplement Shop – highly recommended by NHH!
Originally posted 2007-05-07 09:37:02. We hope you have enjoyed this Post From the Past!
Your Free PDF Health Ebook... Remedies4.com!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!