Adapted from The Natural Way To Heal: 65 Ways to Create Superior Health by Walter Last (Hampton Roads Publishing Co., 2004).
If you are living too much in the past, maybe honeysuckle will help. Gloomy? Try some mustard flower!
Flower remedies represent a combination of herbalism and homeopathy. Their main therapeutic effects are found on the emotional level.
The best known flower remedies are the Bach flower remedies originated in the l930s by Dr. Edward Bach, an English physician. In recent times, Australian wildflower remedies and Californian flower essences have also become available; these are sold mainly in health food stores and by various practitioners.
The usual dosage of a Bach remedy is two to four drops of the composite preparation in a teaspoonful (plastic) of water at least four times daily, taken before meals and especially as the first and last thing daily.
Hold this solution in your mouth and under the tongue for some time; store remedies in a cool place.
Reference guide for the selection of Bach flower remedies:
• Agrimony: Suffering or worry hidden by smiling face.
• Aspen: Apprehension, vague fears of unknown origin.
• Beech: Intolerance, arrogance, tendency to be overcritical.
• Centaury: Susceptibility to influence and exploitation, weak will, timidity.
• Cerato: Lack of confidence, doubt, constant requests for advice.
• Cherry Plum: Uncontrolled temper, desperation, fear of loss of mind.
• Chestnut Bud: Slowness to learn, lack of observation, repetition of mistakes.
• Chicor: Possessiveness, self-love, self-pity, attention seeking.
• Clematis: Indifference, dreaminess, lack of interest.
• Crab Apple: Feeling of being unclean, shame, self-dislike; the cleanser.
• Elm: Occasional feelings of inadequacy, too much responsibility.
• Gentian: Discouragement, self-doubt, negative attitudes, depression.
• Gorse: Hopelessness, despair, despondency.
• Heather: Self-centeredness, love of talking, inability to listen.
• Holly: Envy, suspicion, revenge, hatred, jealousy.
• Honeysuckle: Living too much in the past, homesickness.
• Hornbeam: Mental and physical weariness.
• Impatiens: Impatience, irritability, mental tension.
• Larch: Lack of confidence, expectation of failure, feeling of inferiority.
• Mimulus: Fear of known things, shyness, timidity.
• Mustard: Deep gloom or depression of unknown cause.
• Oak: Onward struggle despite despondency/
• Olive: Mental and physical exhaustion or weariness.
• Pine: Self-blame, self-reproach, guilt, false humility.
• Red Chestnut: Fear and anxiety for others.
• Rock Rose: Terror, panic, extreme fear.
• Rock Water: Self-criticism, rigidity, self-denial.
• Scleranthus: Uncertainty, indecision, hesitation, lack of balance.
• Star of Bethlehem: After-effects of shock and trauma.
• Sweet Chestnut: Extreme anguish, hopeless despair, loss of faith.
• Vervain: Overenthusiasm, fanaticism, nervous tension, strain.
• Vine: Dominance, leadership, craving for power, ambition, inflexibility.
• Walnut: Helps in changes, link breaking, protects.
• Water Violet: Aloofness, reserve, pride.
• White Chestnut: Unwanted persistent thoughts, worry, inner mental arguments.
• Wild Oat: Dissatisfaction at not having found goal, uncertainty.
• Wild Rose: Resignation, lack of interest, apathy.
• Willow: Resentment, bitterness, “not-fair” attitude.
• Rescue Remedy (a composite of Cherry Plum, Clematis, Impatiens, Rock Rose, and Star of Bethlehem): Use for shock, terror, upsets, fright, accidents; give frequently in all emergencies; apply externally on wounds.
Earn Your Holistic Healing Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
If you would like to learn Reflexology, Color Therapy, Reiki, Holistic Beauty Therapy, Anatomy & Physiology, Crystal Therapy, Crystal Reflexology or Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy’s Home Study Courses.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
Fill out the form below to receive our free natural health newsletter. It's filled with practical tips, health alerts & more!
As a thank you, we'll send you The Healing Art of Reflexology mini-course FREE!!
Free PDF Health Ebook...